Wednesday, September 19, 2012

31 Day Challenge Day 20 - Water Marble

We are up to Day 20 - Water Marble. This is the day I was dreading the most out of all 31 days. I have attempted water marbling several times over the past year and a half and have yet to do a successful one. For this reason today seemed like a very daunting task. I spent over 2 hours on this manicure and am STILL not happy with it. Que sera, sera, right? 

I do LOVE the color combination that I used. I was having issues with marbling (as usual) and my friend Sheila suggested I use Nubar Reclaim and clear over a solid base color (you can see her marble here) because she found it easier than other combinations. I did find this easier - but still not easy. LOL

I used Nails Inc. Chelsea as my base on all fingers except my ring finger where I used Color Club Wild At Heart. The marble was done with Nubar Reclaim and Color Club Topcoat.



Water Marble Manicure

Water Marble Manicure


Don't forget to check out the other awesome bloggers participating in the challenge below! If you'd like to join the 30/31 Day Challenge, go here to grab the codes to embed in your posts for the next 30 days and add your post using the link below! 




.

11 comments :

  1. Very cool polishes! That's an awesome combo. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you did a great job, AShley! And kudos to you for not giving up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those colors make me think of ruby zoisite. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it turned out real nice! After your preface I was sure I'm going to see a blahh, but it's actually not! The colors are marbled and not just mixed and I LOVE LOVE LOVE the combo you picked!
    I think if you do this just once more - you will get it so nice that even YOU would love it ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the index and middle even though they are the least "marbley" - specatcular colour clash xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW This is gorgeous! I absolutely am in love with this design!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love those Nubar holos! Looks great. =)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I love hearing from you but please remember to be respectful. Any comments left with unsolicited advertising or blog links will be deleted. If you would like me to check out your blog or product, please email me. Thank you!

09 10