Saturday, September 22, 2012

31 Day Challenge Day 23 - Inspired By A Movie

When I as trying to think of which movie I should use as my inspiration I had several in mind. I love Alfred Hitchcock, I became obsessed with his movies when I was around 12 years old and went crazy watching every single movie he ever made. The very first one I saw was Psycho and it is still one of my favorites. Some of my other Alfred Hitchcock favorites are Charade, Suspicion, VertigoRear Window, The BirdsThe Man Who Knew Too Much,  I could go on... LOL

But, back to Psycho. I'm sure you all know what it's about - if you don't, where have you been? LOL Most people remember the shower scene (and accompanying music) which can be heard in the video below. (This is just an image and music, not the actual scene from the movie.)










And now for the mani. I did a black and white background (I sponged black, white and grey over a grey background) and added some "blood drips" at the top using a striping brush. I am very pleased with how this turned out.


Psycho Manicure - Inspired By A Movie

Psycho Manicure - Inspired By A Movie

Psycho Manicure - Inspired By A Movie

Psycho Manicure - Inspired By A Movie


Don't forget to check out the other awesome bloggers participating in the challenge below! If you'd like to join the 30/31 Day Challenge, go here to grab the codes to embed in your posts for the next 30 days and add your post using the link below! 




.

6 comments :

  1. This is so awesome! Psycho was my first Hitchcock movie too. It's also my favorite. I still need to see so many of his others, especially Vertigo. Jimmy Stewart is in it and I absolutely love him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now this is extremely cool! I love it. It's such an original idea. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. SCARY!!! I have never seen psycho and I am not going to, but your mani depicts is PERFECTLY!!!
    I just love your ashy background!! And the blood drips on it so great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's quite creepy! Great job :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it seems a few of us like our movies bloody!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I love hearing from you but please remember to be respectful. Any comments left with unsolicited advertising or blog links will be deleted. If you would like me to check out your blog or product, please email me. Thank you!

09 10