Sunday, September 23, 2012

31 Day Challenge Day 24 - Inspired By A Book

Hello everyone! I was super excited for today's challenge! I didn't start reading Harry Potter until this year (yes, I am WAY behind) and I absolutely LOVE it! I am so glad I finally read it and caught up with the rest of the world. LOL

Since I wasn't into the HP series back when it was new and books were still being written (and movies still being made), I never did HP nails when other bloggers were celebrating movie releases and such. This seemed like the perfect occasion to attempt some HP nails of my own!



Crest and description of each house at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry

The Deathly Hallows symbol - representative of The Elder Wand, The Resurrection Stone and The Invisibility Cloak

I decided to do one nail for each house and to place the Deathly Hallows symbol on my thumb. 

Keep your eyes open and see if you can spot all the different "props" I used!


Harry Potter nails with a snitch

Harry Potter nails with a snitch

Harry Potter nails with Hedwig

Harry Potter nails with Hedwig

Harry Potter nails with a time turner

Harry Potter nails with a wand (of course!)

Harry Potter nails with a wand






Colors used in this mani:

Index finger (Slytherin) - Emerald Street and China Glaze Cheers To You
Middle finger (Ravenclaw) - Zoya Song and Nails Inc. Old Bond St.
Ring finger (Gryffindor) - Nails Inc. Manchester and Milani Signature Gold
Pinky (Hufflepuff) - Milani Yellow Whiz and Milani Black Swift
Thumb (Deathly Hallows symbol) - Milani Black Swift and Sinful Colors Nail Art Striper in Bad Chick

What do you think of my Harry Potter nails? I am pretty darn proud of them!


Don't forget to check out the other awesome bloggers participating in the challenge below! If you'd like to join the 30/31 Day Challenge, go here to grab the codes to embed in your posts for the next 30 days and add your post using the link below! 





11 comments :

  1. I love Harry Potter, your nails, and the props you're posing with! I'm glad you read the books this year and loved them, they're so amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGosh I love the props you posed with too!!! Great job on the mani!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so cool! I love how you posed with the different props! One of my favorite manis from today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a lot of great reading infront of you! I love all the Harry Potter books and you have made a great mani.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving these and I loved the books too :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are so amazing! As is Harry Potter! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Agreat mani! And awesome props! :D I adore Harry Potter. :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. well done so many polishes and finishes indeed resembles the idea of the book

    ReplyDelete
  9. I did as well Harry Potter nails :D I started to read the books already 12 years ago when I was 11 years old - totally totally in deep true love :)
    Ps: Did you already read the book with the deathly hollows? I thought you just started ^^ I am scared by this symbol since it is something bad...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have read all of the books and watched all of the movies. :)

      Delete

Thank you for commenting! I love hearing from you but please remember to be respectful. Any comments left with unsolicited advertising or blog links will be deleted. If you would like me to check out your blog or product, please email me. Thank you!

09 10