Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Shimmer Polish Tracy - Swatches and Review

Happy Hump Day! I have another Shimmer Polish to show you tonight! 

Shimmer Polish is a new-to-me indie brand and I couldn't be happier with these polishes. They are very good quality - no sinking, no bleeding, absolutely no curling glitters and application was a breeze. 

All Shimmer Polishes have names that come from the creator, Cindy's, own life. Here is what Cindy has to say about that:

"My polishes are named after my wonderful friends and family. Each and every name has an important significance to me. Each shade of Shimmer is inspired by that person, from favorite colors, things that are reminiscent of that person, and even personal requests from these great ladies. Each and everyone of my Shimmers have shaped and influenced me to become who I am today. In a way, this is my tribute and gratitude towards having so many amazing people in my life." 

Tracy is described as "tarnished gold" - I think that described this one perfectly! The glitters are a complex mix in sizes and colors - I really like that about all of the Shimmer Polishes that I have tried. 

I actually swatched this one twice. I swatched it over Glitter Gal Belgian Chocolate and decided I wanted to see it over a lighter color so I put it over Nails Inc. Old Bond Street and LOVE the combo! I have used one coat on all fingers except my ring finger, where I have used two coats. I topped it all off with one coat of Poshe.



Shimmer Polish Tracy over Nails Inc. Old Bond Street in the shade

Shimmer Polish Tracy over Nails Inc. Old Bond Street in the shade

Shimmer Polish Tracy over Nails Inc. Old Bond Street in the sun

Shimmer Polish Tracy over Nails Inc. Old Bond Street in the sun

Shimmer Polish Tracy over Glitter Gal Belgian Chocolate in the shade

Shimmer Polish Tracy over Nails Inc. Old Bond Street in the shade

I think this will be another major player this Fall!


Shimmer Polish retails for $12 for a full size (0.5 oz.) bottle. Shimmer Polish links:




*This polish was provided to me for my honest, unbiased opinion.


.

5 comments :

  1. I can't decide which swatch I like better--they're both so pretty!! I hadn't thought of using gold glitter over chocolate polish before, I might have to try this soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. indeed I haven't seen chocolate over gold before interesting, reminds me of ornaments

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the effect over the Belgian Chocolate.

    Aaand thats enough comments for a day :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I love hearing from you but please remember to be respectful. Any comments left with unsolicited advertising or blog links will be deleted. If you would like me to check out your blog or product, please email me. Thank you!

09 10