Sunday, September 23, 2012

Glitter Gal 3D Holographic Belgian Chocolate - Swatches and Review

Hello again! I have one more polish from Glitter Gal's 3D Holographic line to show you. (If you missed Nude yesterday you can see it here.)

Glitter Gal Belgian Chocolate is a warm-toned brown linear holographic polish. Glitter Gal describes it as a "red brown" and I think that is spot on. The holographic properties are not as strong in this one as in Nude but they are still very apparent (and definitely linear).

The formula on this one was fabulous, it applied like a dream and was fully opaque in two coats. I did notice that top coat diminished the holo on this one, I have included some photos to show you what it looks like with topcoat on one finger (I will point these out in the captions). I used Poshe, which is rather thick. A thinner topcoat might not have the same effect but I can't say for sure. 


Glitter Gal Belgian Chocolate

Glitter Gal Belgian Chocolate

Glitter Gal Belgian Chocolate

Glitter Gal Belgian Chocolate

Glitter Gal Belgian Chocolate

Now for the photos that show the effect with topcoat. I used one coat of Poshe over my middle finger ONLY. You can see it gave it quite a "glowy" quality (which I actually loved) but did diminish the holo.


Glitter Gal Belgian Chocolate (with Poshe topcoat on the middle finger)

Glitter Gal Belgian Chocolate (with Poshe topcoat on the middle finger)

Glitter Gal Belgian Chocolate (with Poshe topcoat on the middle finger)

Glitter Gal Belgian Chocolate (with Poshe topcoat on the middle finger)

Glitter Gal Belgian Chocolate


What do you think of this one? I think I will be sporting it often this Autumn!

Glitter Gal polishes are available at Ninja Polish and retail for $11.50 - $17.95 for full 15ml bottles. I really can't say enough positive things about Ninja Polish. They have such a wide variety of polish and stamping supplies at amazing prices and the customer service is superb. Make sure to follow them on Facebook and Twitter to stay up-to-date on re-stock info and sales! 


*This polish was provided to me for my honest, unbiased opinion. 

.

3 comments :

  1. With all those colors of light in it, this polish reminds me more of some frozen coffee and not chocolate, but I still would love it all the same!
    Amazing color, wonderful post!! Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I usually don't like brown polishes but this is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lush, never seen a colour like this before.

    Love this blog, would love if you could call by and check mine out.

    http://champagnelambinibudget.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I love hearing from you but please remember to be respectful. Any comments left with unsolicited advertising or blog links will be deleted. If you would like me to check out your blog or product, please email me. Thank you!

09 10