Wednesday, September 26, 2012

31 Day Challenge Day 27 - Inspired By Art

We are nearing the end of the challenge and I must say that I am enjoying it much more than I thought I would. While I still don't think I am "good" at nail art, I definitely think I am improving. 

This day of the challenge is definitely my favorite so far. It is my favorite because it's been kind of special for me. If you have been following me for any length of time at all you have probably seen me mention my good friend Sheila from Pointless Cafe. In fact, you more than likely follow her too. (And if you don't, you really should.) But something most people don't know about Sheila is that in addition to her amazing nails, swatches, writing and numerous other talents, she also happens to be a FABULOUS painter. So, when "Inspired by Art" came along I asked Sheila if I could use one of her paintings as inspiration and was so thrilled when she said yes. 

It was a hard to decide which of her paintings I wanted to use as my inspiration because I love them all. I tried to choose one that I felt, with my limited skills, I could replicate somewhat well. My mani did not turn out as well as her painting but I am fairly happy with it. It actually looks better in person, macro is not my friend. LOL

You can check out the rest of Sheila's amazing artwork here.



Ethereal Purple Painting by Sheila of Pointless Cafe

Inspired by Ethereal Purple Painting Manicure

Inspired by Ethereal Purple Painting Manicure

Inspired by Ethereal Purple Painting Manicure

Inspired by Ethereal Purple Painting Manicure

Inspired by Ethereal Purple Painting Manicure

Ethereal Purple Painting and my "Inspired by Ethereal Purple Painting" Manicure




What do you think of my attempt to recreate this gorgeous piece of art? I wish it had turned out better but with my skill level, I am pretty happy with it.

I want to thank Sheila again for letting me use one of her amazing paintings! ♥

Don't forget to check out the other awesome bloggers participating in the challenge below! If you'd like to join the 30/31 Day Challenge, go here to grab the codes to embed in your posts for the next 30 days and add your post using the link below! 





.

17 comments :

  1. Holy CRAP! That's amazing! I could never have done that on my nails. I LOVE IT! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Sheila is so talented and your nails definitely do it justice! So gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG!!! This is amazing!!!! This is sooo perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love this mani! The painting looks amazing, and so do your nails! The little flashes of shimmer make it so multi dimensional!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've got a photo like this very much at home same colours everything, It's gorgeous!

    Jazz x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous and Sheila is an amazing artist!! You did awesome Ashley! This mani turned out beautiful so don't be too hard on yourself ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMGosh ASH!!!!! Amazeballs! This is my favorite freehand I've ever seen you do. LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. and Of course I love Sheila's original painting as well. you ladies rock!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LMAO..ooops, that was ME, not Wes! ^^^^

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG THIS IS AMAAAZEBALLS!!!!!!! ♥♥♥ Love it SO much!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, this is GORGEOUS and I had no idea Sheila painted - both the canvas painting and your nail art are spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is freaking GORGEOUS!!! How can you not think it looks great?!? Nutjob! I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes, I'm yelling with lots of exclamation points!!!!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ash this is STUNNING !!!!!! and I didn't even know Sheila painted too x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm with all the ladies above! This is AMAZING!!! STUNNING!! UGH, I wish I knew any better words for that in English :-(

    (and I love the original too ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is so gorgeous, very well done!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I love hearing from you but please remember to be respectful. Any comments left with unsolicited advertising or blog links will be deleted. If you would like me to check out your blog or product, please email me. Thank you!

09 10