Saturday, September 15, 2012

Shimmer Polish Carmen - Swatches and Review

Happy Saturday! I have a treat for you tonight - some yummy glitter that just screams Fall to me. 

Shimmer Polish is a new-to-me indie brand and I couldn't be happier with these polishes. They are very good quality - no sinking, no bleeding, absolutely no curling glitters and application was a breeze. I only needed ONE coat to achieve all of this sparkly goodness. 

All Shimmer Polishes have names that come from the creator, Cindy's, own life. Here is what Cindy has to say about that:

"My polishes are named after my wonderful friends and family. Each and every name has an important significance to me. Each shade of Shimmer is inspired by that person, from favorite colors, things that are reminiscent of that person, and even personal requests from these great ladies. Each and everyone of my Shimmers have shaped and influenced me to become who I am today. In a way, this is my tribute and gratitude towards having so many amazing people in my life."

Carmen is a copper and gold glitter than is packed with shimmer and holographic glitters as well. I used one coat over Milani Dark Coffee (a dark brown creme) and I absolutely love how Carmen pops over the brown. I topped it off with one coat of Gelous and it was smooth to the touch.

Shimmer Polish Carmen in direct sunlight

Shimmer Polish Carmen in direct sunlight

Shimmer Polish Carmen in direct sunlight

Shimmer Polish Carmen in direct sunlight

Shimmer Polish Carmen in the shade

Shimmer Polish Carmen in the shade

Shimmer Polish Carmen in the shade

Shimmer Polish Carmen in the shade

Shimmer Polish retails for $12 for a full size (0.5 oz.) bottle. Shimmer Polish links:



*This polish was provided to me for my honest, unbiased opinion.


.

7 comments :

  1. That's awesome! I especially love how it looks in the shade!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a wonderful fall color <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love how this combo brings out the coppery gold goodness! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. O.O this is AMAZING!! What a gorgeous color! Perfect for the Fall and I agree with Sheila….love the shade picture!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I love hearing from you but please remember to be respectful. Any comments left with unsolicited advertising or blog links will be deleted. If you would like me to check out your blog or product, please email me. Thank you!

09 10