Saturday, September 22, 2012

The Polish Bar Halloween Collection - Swatches and Review

BOO! Halloween is quickly approaching and I have a spooky (and fun!) Halloween collection from The Polish Bar to show you today! 

This collection is made up of four different polishes - Witch's Delight, Pumpkin Fairy, Love Bite and Costume Party. 


Witch's Delight, Pumpkin Fairy, Love Bite, Costume Party

Witch's Delight, Pumpkin Fairy, Love Bite, Costume Party


Before I go into each individual polish I want to state that I am very happy with this brand. The glitters are well suspended and none of them are curling. I did have to give them a good shake to get the larger glitters mixed in with the smaller glitters but the balls in the polishes are large and mix very well. The Polish Bar uses stainless steel mixing balls, and always has, so no concerns with rusting. These are also 3-Free. Now let's get to the fun part!

Note - I topped all of these with one coat of Poshe, they were completely smooth with this. However, my Poshe is getting on the thick side and I noticed a few bubbles from the Poshe in the photos. ANY bubbles you may see are from the topcoat, not the glitters.

Witch's Delight - "matte orange hex glitter, and tiny orange, black and purple glitter in a clear base."  I really love this one, it may be my favorite from the collection. With the black, orange and purple in it, it was just screaming to be layered over a green (to me, anyway LOL) and I love the combo. I layered ONE coat of Witch's Delight over Revlon Sassy.



The Polish Bar Witch's Delight

The Polish Bar Witch's Delight

The Polish Bar Witch's Delight

The Polish Bar Witch's Delight

The Polish Bar Witch's Delight


Pumpkin Fairy - "orange hex glitter and tiny black, orange and holographic silver glitter in a shimmery, orange jelly base." This is the only polish from the collection that is sparkly glitters instead if matte ones and also the only one in a tinted base. I quite like this one, it's shimmery without being an in-your-face glitterbomb. I applied this one over white so you can see the tinted base but I really liked the look of it over a "dirty green" so I put it over NYX Pastel Pistachio on my accent nail. I used 2 coats of Pumpkin fairy for the photos.



The Polish Bar Pumpkin Fairy

The Polish Bar Pumpkin Fairy

The Polish Bar Pumpkin Fairy

The Polish Bar Pumpkin Fairy

The Polish Bar Pumpkin Fairy

The Polish Bar Pumpkin Fairy

Love Bite - "tiny matte black, white and red glitters, holographic black glitter, red square glitter and red hearts in a clear base."  I really like this one, it's my second favorite from the collection.  It's mostly matte with little pops of sparkle here and there. I applied 3 coats of this one on my index and middle fingers but only to try and get some of the hearts on my nails for the photos. While the squares came out easily and without any "fishing" the hearts are more sparse. You may or may not get many hearts just randomly on your nails. If you want them specifically on each nail you will, more than likely, need to fish them out. My ring finger and pinky only have 2 coats. I layered this over a light grey franken. (I noticed when editing photos that it appears as if some of the glitters are sticking up - be assured they are NOT, they were all perfectly flat on the nail.)



The Polish Bar Love Bite

The Polish Bar Love Bite

The Polish Bar Love Bite

The Polish Bar Love Bite

The Polish Bar Love Bite

Costume Party - "matte yellow, teal and black glitters, teal diamonds and tiny black and purple glitter in a clear base." This one is really fun and does remind me of a party! I used 2 coats on my index and middle fingers and one coat on my ring finger and pinky. I layered this one over the same light grey franken as the previous one. 



The Polish Bar Costume Party

The Polish Bar Costume Party

The Polish Bar Costume Party

The Polish Bar Costume Party

The Polish Bar Costume Party


That's all of them! What do you think of this collection? Which ones are your favorites? 

This collection, along with the rest of The Polish Bar's polishes, can be found in her Etsy shop (she is currently fully stocked) and retail for $8.50 for a full size bottle (although minis are available). Make sure to follow The Polish Bar on Facebook as well!


*This polish was provided to me for my honest, unbiased opinion.


.

4 comments :

  1. Great review! I think I like Pumpkin Fairy best - over the green.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't get enough of your swatch of Love Bite and Costume Party :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all of them! My favorite is Love Bite!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I love hearing from you but please remember to be respectful. Any comments left with unsolicited advertising or blog links will be deleted. If you would like me to check out your blog or product, please email me. Thank you!

09 10