Sunday, November 20, 2011

My Twilight-Themed Breaking Dawn Mani!!

Hello again lovelies!! Time to show you my Breaking Dawn mani. :) It didn't turn out exactly as I had planned, and it is not perfect, but I am still pleased with it. I was planning on representing the cover of each book on four nails (not an exact replica, just a representation) and then doing feathers on my thumb for the part in Breaking Dawn where Bella wakes up covered in feathers. I tried free-handing the Eclipse ribbon and failed...I would have tried longer but I ran out of time. So, sadly, Eclipse is not represented....I just did feathers on that finger as well. I will post a pic of the book covers first, for any of you that may not be familiar with them. 

Twilight, New Moon, Eclipse, Breaking Dawn

Here is a pic of the full mani (minus my thumb which is the same as my middle finger)....

Is that a chip on my ring finger?! GRRR That's what I get for using cheap polish and waiting 24 hours to take pics. Sorry!

Now for an explanation of each finger...
 My Twilight tribute....I didn't have an apple in my plates but I did have the Twilight water slide decal. I applied it and sponged around it with black and OPI I'm Not Really A Waitress

My feathers from BM15 ...if you've read Breaking Dawn you know why I included this. :) I am very happy with how my feathers turned out! 

 My chessboard for the Breaking Dawn cover...I used BM17 and this pattern is actually a tip pattern, not a whole nail pattern. I had to try to line them up, which was hard. I ended up smudging them and they turned out kind of crooked. Not 100% happy with it but I didn't have time to re-do it. They do look better in person than in this pic though.

 I am, by far, happiest with this nail. My New Moon flower...I think it turned out really well! I used BM06 and stamped with white, then I took my small dotting tool and went over it in spots with OPI I'm Not Really A Waitress for the flower and China Glaze Glittering Garland for the stem.

One last shot of the complete mani. :)

Colors used in this mani were Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Black Out, Sally Hansen White Tip, OPI I'm Not Really A Waitress and China Glaze Glittering Garland.

What do you think of my Twilight tribute? I wish I had had more time to make them better but it is what it is. :) I'm sure I will be re-creating it at some point. LOL

11 comments :

  1. Holy moly, you put sooo much effort into this! amazing detail and each nail is different... I commend you! Very nice mani :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks awesome! I'm not a Twilight super fan or anything but I do appreciate the books... this is fantastic!! Great job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely, I think they all turned out great xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow! That looks awesome. You are an amazing artist!! I would 100% wear this, but without the "Twilight" logo. LOL! Will you please do a Harry Potter mani? Using the gold and maroon from the scarves the Gryffindor house wears. LOL! I'm kidding. Unless you want to because that would be awesome!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much ladies!!! I really appreciate all the lovely feedback. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks so awesome! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow girly, this looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This seriously looks insanely good babe!! Omg. I wish I could do something similar. Breaking Dawn premieres this week in Singapore and I've booked tickets already!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks everyone!!

    Nicole- I'm sure you could come up with something awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW! These are soooo amazing!
    Totally creative I love it :D
    I'm very jealous :P
    Love the feathers, (ive read the book ;) )
    xX
    http://amyscorner93.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I love hearing from you but please remember to be respectful. Any comments left with unsolicited advertising or blog links will be deleted. If you would like me to check out your blog or product, please email me. Thank you!

09 10