Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!!!! Turkey nails!

Happy Thanksgiving to all my wonderful US readers!!! I finally have a few minutes to do a quick post for my mani I am wearing on this wonderful Thanksgiving! I was inspired by a couple of my friends and fellow bloggers by their turkey manis and decided to be brave and try one myself. 

Jacki at Adventures in Acetone had a great tutorial for a turkey and I though I might be able to replicate it. (You can find her tutorial HERE) The only tools I used for this mani were dotting tools. I am in desperate need for brushes, I never felt the need to have them since I am not artistically inclined. LOL This is why my feathers are rounded at the top instead of looking more "feathery" LOL Once I got to the head/neck I started getting into trouble, I just couldn't get the shape to look right. 

I knew I could not attempt more than one turkey so I stamped feathers on the other nails with BM15 on all my other nails. I think this would have looked better if I had used creme polishes for the turkey. I have recently discovered I am SERIOUSLY lacking in creme polish....I am always drawn to the glitter and shimmer!! For my base on my ring finger (turkey nail) I used OPI Designer....de Better and for all the other fingers I used OPI Warm & Fozzie as my base. I am IN LOVE with Warm & Fozzie! I will have a post on it by itself next week! :) The feather stamping was done with China Glaze Cheers to You and the colors I used for the turkey were OPI Warm & Fozzie over OPI Symphony in Bronze (for opaqueness), OPI I'm Not Really A Waitress, China Glaze Street Racing and China Glaze Solar Power for the feathers and Sally Hansen White Tip and Sally Hansen Black Out for the eyes. 

OK....here it goes! Try not to laugh too much!! ;-)






I hope you found this fun!!! I know he's not the best turkey ever but I had fun with it!! I hope you all have a WONDERFUL Thanksgiving filled with family, love and yummy food!!

2 comments :

  1. I find it cute. (^__^)
    As long as you're happy with the outcome, that's all that matters. (^__^)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it! Good job Ashley!! <3 Thanks for the mention! <3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I love hearing from you but please remember to be respectful. Any comments left with unsolicited advertising or blog links will be deleted. If you would like me to check out your blog or product, please email me. Thank you!

09 10