Friday, November 11, 2011

My Birthday Mani and My First Stamping Experience!!

Hello lovelies! I hope everyone is having a wonderful day! I want to say Happy Veteran's Day to all of you and thank any of you that have ever served our country, or had a family member who served. 

For today's mani I wanted something special, in addition to it being my birthday, it is also my one-month blog anniversary! Thank you all for following along in my nail adventures! I never dreamed I would 165 followers in a month, so thank you all so much. It really means a lot to me.

I've had an idea in my mind for weeks that I knew I wanted to try but didn't know how to pull it off. I didn't have stamping plates and we all know I fail at freehand. Well, surprise - when I received my plates yesterday there was an image that was pretty much exactly what I had pictured! Not exact but close enough. The base color I really wanted to use for this was too dark, the black didn't show up. But, I have another idea for it that I may try tonight so I'm not going to tell you what the color is. ;) 

So for this design I started out with a base of NOX Twilight Red Velvet (I would normally do a post on this color on its own first but I was so excited to get the design up that I decided I would post the swatches of Red Velvet later). This is my favorite red creme, it's kind of somewhere in between a creme and a jelly....is that a crelly? LOL Anyway, it is SUPER SHINY like a jelly but a little more opaque. I used 2 coats since I knew I was stamping over it but when I wear it alone I usually wear 3 coats so there is no VNL.  I then used Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in Black Out, Ozotic 531 and Ozotic 532.

I love roses, they are my favorite flower. I have a bouquet of fake roses in my bedroom that are black and dark burgundy with silver and holographic glitter on the tips. I wanted to recreate this look on my nails. Like I said before, my base was too dark and that's why I changed to the bright red. I then stamped with Bundle Monster plate #BM14 with Black Out all over each nail. I was trying to make it look like you were looking at a bundle of roses from the top. After that I used my small dotting tool and went around various petals with the two Ozotic polishes. It's not perfect but I am very happy with it. I think it is pretty darn good for my first try at stamping. I used Color Club top coat to finish it off.

 NOX Twilight Red Velvet, Sally Hansen Black Out, Ozotic 531, Ozotic 532, Color Club Top Coat










I hope you all enjoyed this mani!

The NOX Twilight polishes with the amazing Cullen Crests can be purchased at Twilight Beauty. They have 12 polishes, I have 6 and want the other 6! Besides having the lovely bottles the colors are very pretty and excellent quality. I will review Red Velvet on its own later today or sometime over the weekend.

Have a fabulous day!


.

.

8 comments :

  1. This looks great Ashley and Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great Ashley! <3 Happy Birthday

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the bottle of this red polish <3

    I started to write my blog in English :)
    The new posts: Artdeco dress up your nails 251 and collection of my polishes.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I love hearing from you but please remember to be respectful. Any comments left with unsolicited advertising or blog links will be deleted. If you would like me to check out your blog or product, please email me. Thank you!

09 10