Monday, March 5, 2012

Mom's Birthday Cupcakes!

Saturday was my mom's birthday (Happy Birthday again Mom!) and I had the brilliant idea (or maybe not so brilliant LOL) to attempt nail art and put cupcakes on her nails. I started out doing them on all 10 fingers and didn't like the way they looked. So I took off all but 4 of them and went with it. LOL I loosely followed the tutorial I found HERE. I ended up working on her nails until after 1 in the morning. 

Polishes used in this mani

On the "solid fingers": 
Julep Carrie and OPI Teenage Dream

On the cupcake fingers:
OPI Rumples Wiggin' for the background
Julep Carrie and OPI Teenage Dream for the frosting
Revlon French Roast for the cake
Barry M Indigo and Avon Aqua Fantasy for the sprinkles
Nubar Fire Sparkle for the cherry

Everything was topped with Seche Vite

This mani is not 100%, I did these Friday night and didn't get pics until today (Monday). For 3 full days of wear I think they look pretty darn good!




What do you think of my cupcakes? I am fairly pleased with them, I think I may be able to master these eventually with some more practice.

4 comments :

  1. I think they came out well! Pretty colors. Happy belated birthday to your mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy late birthday to your mom! I think the cupcakes a rather cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look great and love the glitter! I have a big thing for glitter at the moment. I have just started doing nail art and did a cupcake design on my recent blogpost. I would love it if you would take a look and let me know what you think www.woderlustnails.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I love hearing from you but please remember to be respectful. Any comments left with unsolicited advertising or blog links will be deleted. If you would like me to check out your blog or product, please email me. Thank you!

09 10