Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Going Cruelty-Free



I have been thinking about going Cruelty-Free for quite awhile now, I am a huge animal-lover and I just don't feel right putting my money towards products that have been created by hurting animals. I look at my precious dogs and think about other animals just like them that have been hurt just so I can have something pretty. I just don't feel right about it. Please know that this is my personal decision and I am, in no way, trying to make anyone feel bad or condemn them. This is just a decision I felt I needed to make FOR MYSELF.

So, as of now, I will longer be purchasing cosmetics of any kind (obviously including nail polish) from companies who test on animals, or are owned by parent companies who test on animals. I will be adding a tab to my blog of Cruelty-Free (and non-CF) brands. In addition to not purchasing these products anymore, I will not be featuring them on my blog anymore either.

I am not a vegetarian or a vegan, nor am I affiliated with, or intend to be affiliated with, PETA.

But don't worry, there are PLENTY of Cruelty-Free brands to play with and hopefully the number will keep growing. I don't think I'm going to be missing out on a thing. Thanks for understanding my stance on this!

15 comments :

  1. good for you! vegetarian is a good next step too

    ReplyDelete
  2. i applaud you for this and hope to gain knowledge of awesome brands that are CF through you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I respect your decision for this. That is awesome! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm interested (and kind of frightened?) to see which nail polish brands Are NOT cruelty free... I've never done any research/really thought about it until now. I feel so ashaaaamed. -_-

    ReplyDelete
  5. I look at my dog and feel the same way too and one day I googled animal testing and the images gave me nightmares! Anyway, to help you start out a bit, L'oreal, maybelline,OPI as they are all owned by L'oreal, test on animals while China Glaze, Orly,revlon,NuBar, Color Club, Bootie babe, glitter gals , BeYu and many more don't test on animals....that's still a lot of polish, right:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lucky you there are many brands to play with!
    I have been thinking of it too but.. I don't even like pets? Sound cruel but it's true!
    I'll be looking at the list of brands that test on animals though. I have a page saved somewhere and I'll just start not using any of those. I already own various cruelty free items :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats Is a great desicion Im soooooo happy :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay!! I've been cruelty-free for about 3 yrs, and yes, it does require more research on companies and their holding companies (parent), but it's TOTALLY worth it! I just stumbled across your blog, and now I will subscribe. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay! Thanks for doing this, from me and my cats, and all the other animals of the world!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just read your cruelty and cruelty-free lists. I did think that OPI was cf, but that blows them out of the water. I'll stick to my favorite mid-price Zoya. By the way, I don't recall seeing Revlon on the cf list but I could be wrong (as I often am). Could you clarify, please? I love Revlon's polishes, but not to the point where I'd give them my $$$ for harming bunnies!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes, I'm back again (we are going to be penpals soon, LOL). I found Revlon on your list, so it's OK. BTW, another great cf brand is Burt's Bees. Most (not quite all) of their products are terrific. I love the grapefruit/pomegranate conditioner and a few of the body lotions. Trying a few things by them as my budget permits. Thanks a bunch, Ashley.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am so happy that you have decided to go cruelty free, and want to follow you because of that. I also try to only buy nail polish that is not tested on animals. But I looked at your list, and found many brands there, that I have found on some animal organisations lists for brands who do test on animals, and vice versa. So I got very confused.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm so proud of you!!! It wasn't nearly as hard for me going CF as I thought it would be so I KNOW you can do it! CONGRATS! ♥ ♥ ♥

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I love hearing from you but please remember to be respectful. Any comments left with unsolicited advertising or blog links will be deleted. If you would like me to check out your blog or product, please email me. Thank you!

09 10