Thursday, March 22, 2012

China Glaze Magnetix Cling On - Swatches and Review

Hello lovelies!! I went to Sally's over the weekend and took advantage of the sale they are having on the China Glaze Magnetix, if you buy 2 of the Magnetic polishes you get the magnet for free. Plus I used my 15% coupon for being a Sally's member and ended up getting all 3 items for $11. Pretty great deal!

I had a hard time deciding which colors I wanted, Cling On was at the top of my list (and it was the last one they had) but I had a hard time choosing between the others, I like them all. A lot. LOL I ended up choosing Instant Chemistry for my other one, which is the dark wine/purple color (I will have it posted soon). I wanted to start off with 2 and make sure I liked them before I bought the rest, now I am sure I need the rest. *wink*

Cling On is a taupey green color with a metallic/frosty finish but the magnet makes the "design" part of the nail an olive green. I love it and I am loving the magnets. Cling On was pretty sheer, I needed 3 coats for opacity, but it wasn't problematic to work with. Next time I might layer it over a similar color. I should have gotten a picture of the magnet but I forgot. But I guess that is what Google is for. LOL I will get a pic of it in my next Magnetix post. I did put a top coat on this after they were dry and had no issues.  As far as the magnet itself, it was easy to use BUT I have very curved nails and I had to move it from side to side a bit. Nothing horrible, it just took a little while to play with and figure out what worked.



*Excuse the doggie hair, not sure which furball that came from. LOL Probably Snickerdoodle, he was laying next to me while I was painting my nails*




What do you think of the China Glaze Magnetic Collection? Do you have any? If not, are you going to purchase some?

And as a bonus pic, the suspected culprit of the stray hair....

Snickerdoodle says hi!!

11 comments :

  1. You did awesome!!! I love this! And your furry baby is very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Snickerdoodle!! Great job on the star magnet. I couldn't get mine to go on straight. I guess I'll be getting more colors too eventually. I am trying to control myself right now.
    We'll see how long it lasts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Snickerdoodle says hi back! And the magnets take a little practice, just keep working with it.

      Delete
  3. Wowee!! Does that polish ever take to the magnet well!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Snickerdoodle!!!!! Give Snickerdoodle lovies from Auntie Sheila! And I love this. You did a great job with the magnets. Love. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Snickerdoodle will get lots of love from Auntie Sheila!! And thank you!! ♥

      Delete
  5. Ha ha Snickerdoodle!! I am pretty "attracted" to magnetic polishes! I have about 20 of them most of them the gorgeous Nabi's found in Walgreen's. I never thought I would love them as much as I do but clearly owning 20 of them means I am in major love with them! I have a lot of trouble lining up the CG magnet I prefer the Icing or Rite Aid magnets so usually use those with all my magnetics. You did a fantastic job with the star image!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks great! :D Oooh Snickerdoodle is so cute!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ash.. this is the first time I see a swatch of this magnetics that makes me buy a couple!
    I dont know if I should thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!

    LOL!
    Kiss*

    ReplyDelete
  8. amazing! This mani is cool! I love magnetic polishes!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I love hearing from you but please remember to be respectful. Any comments left with unsolicited advertising or blog links will be deleted. If you would like me to check out your blog or product, please email me. Thank you!

09 10