Thursday, March 29, 2012

The Nail Junkie Spring 2012 Complete Collection - Swatches and Review

I have an exciting post for you today!! My friend Aleta over at The Nail Junkie has launched her own line of hand-crafted nail polish and it is pretty darn exciting! This is a set of 5 polishes consisting of 3 matte colors, 1 glitter topper and 1 matte top coat. Indie matte polishes?! YES PLEASE.

These polishes are 3-Free and Cruelty-Free (YAY!!) and Aleta is putting $5 from every set sold towards the charity Women to Women, a charity that helps women in war torn countries!

~SEE THE BOTTOM OF THIS POST FOR PURCHASING INFORMATION, AS WELL AS ALL LINKS PERTAINING TO THIS POLISH LINE~

Aleta has put a lot of thought into the presentation and packaging of these sets, including adding in several extra goodies!



How pretty and Spring-y is this packaging?! This is how it looks when you open the box.



The goodies out of the box. Besides the polish there are felt glitter remover wipes (I used these to remove each polish as I was swatching and had great success and no lint!), the Certificate of Authenticity and rose scented wax candle melts.
 PLEASE NOTE: All sets purchased will include what is pictured plus a homemade hand scrub and a lilac scented oil spray.

I had to get a close-up of the glitter on the wax melts, I love it!
(The polish in the picture is not one of Aleta's, this was my previous mani)

Also included in the sets are numbered Certificates of Authenticity. They are personalized with your name and set number.


Now onto the polish! 
Aren't these bottles pretty!?

The Nail Junkie Violet, Rose, Daffodil, Grass Green Glitter Topper, Matte Topper


I love the jewels on the tops of the bottles!

The formula on these polishes was very nice. The first coat is a bit streaky but that is typical with matte polishes. They are a little on the thick side (again, typical for mattes) but were not hard to work with. All of these pictures are WITHOUT clean-up so you can see was easy to control.

Swatches galore...
~For every picture (both with and without glitter) I have the matte topper on my index and ring fingers and no top coat on my middle and pinky fingers. As you can tell, the matte top coat does not change the color or finish, it just protects the polish. I think this is a WONDERFUL feature. And it DID make the glitter matte, I love this top coat~

First up is Violet, and she is gorgeous. 



Now Violet with the Grass Green Glitter Topper
~The glitter topper is not hungry at all. On the two fingers that have no top coat it is COMPLETELY smooth.~




Next up is Rose.



*Please excuse the dry cuticles*

Now Rose with the Grass Green Glitter Topper

Also, please excuse the orange frosting on my finger, that may or may not be evidence that I was eating a cupcake. ;-) Apparently I missed a spot when washing my hands. LOL 



And last, but not least, is Daffodil. Yellows do not usually look good on me with my pasty white skin but this is a lovely butter yellow and I think it complemented my skin nicely.

The color in the FIRST picture is accurate, the others turned a little too bright.




And Daffodil with the Grass Green Glitter Topper.



These polishes will be sold in sets with all of the extras I have shown you plus the homemade hand scrub and lilac scented oil spray. The sets will be $50 and will include FREE DOMESTIC SHIPPING. International shipping will be $10. They will go up for sale TONIGHT (3/29/12) at midnight.

For more information on purchasing head over to The Nail Junkie. You will also find a giveaway there for set #1 of this collection! Also, be sure to "Like" The Nail Junkie on Facebook to stay up-to-date!

What do you think of this collection? I think Aleta did an amazing job! I can't wait to attempt some Easter nail art with these!

4 comments :

  1. Great review and these polishes are gorgeous!! I have been looking for a matte topcoat for ages and it's nice she includes one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love these and soo perfect for spring!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I love hearing from you but please remember to be respectful. Any comments left with unsolicited advertising or blog links will be deleted. If you would like me to check out your blog or product, please email me. Thank you!

09 10