Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Julep Natasha

I have a bright polish for you today for the beginning of Spring! I wasn't too sure how this color would look on me, what with my pale vampire skin, but I actually think it looks pretty good.

 Unfortunately I am disappointed in this polish. I don't usually have a problem with Julep's formula but this one I did. First off, I was expecting a creme and this is a jelly. Not a problem if you like jellies but I am not a big fan. I don't like a polish that I have to use a gazillion coats and I can still see nail line. But, even leaving that out of the equation, once I applied it and let it dry I got in the shower (it was thoroughly dry before I did) and when I got out I had several nails that were peeling or chipped. This is my typical routine after painting my nails so it is definitely the polish and not me. 

The color is a little off in these pics (my camera hates me, remember? LOL), the true color is more coral and not quite as orange. A deeper orange I guess would be the best way to describe it.

Please excuse the lack of cleanup and the chip on my middle finger. Most of the chipping/peeling was on my right hand and I decided I wanted to change it after I took the pictures. 






What do you think of Natasha? Do you have it, maybe mine is a bad bottle perhaps?

You can purchase Julep polishes from julep.com. If you are interested in becoming a Maven click HERE to take the quiz!

5 comments :

  1. I'm sorry that this polish didn't work out for you. I love the jelly look to it!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a fun color, especially for Spring and Summer. Jellies can be so tricky, but I still think the mani looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just wore this polish last week and I got 3 or 4 days of no chipping out of it...I found it more sheer than I'd wanted as well. I liked the brightness of the colour though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE this color :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. lol my goodness that is awful. I dont say that to be mean. I'm actually thrilled bloggers post about things they don't like too! I love jellies, but Im not sure if this bright red would work out for me. Thanks for your honesty! They can't all be winners right? Have a great day ^_^

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I love hearing from you but please remember to be respectful. Any comments left with unsolicited advertising or blog links will be deleted. If you would like me to check out your blog or product, please email me. Thank you!

09 10