Sunday, July 22, 2012

Barry M Bright Purple And My First Attempt At A Fishtail Mani!

I am sorry this post is coming so late, I have been busy gearing up for the upcoming week by swatching for you all day! The upcoming week is going to be Zoya Week! I will have swatches of their new Designer, Diva and Gloss Collections as well as nail art and combos with all of the colors! I am super excited about these polishes, I love each and every one. I can't wait to show you all of them. Look for the first post in the morning!

But for tonight we have my very first attempt at a fishtail design mani. I first saw this last week on Pointless Cafe which lead me to the original design and tutorial on Lucy's Stash. I love Lucy's Stash, she has amazing nail art and great tutorials. I'm not sure how I missed when she originally did this design but I am glad I didn't miss it completely!




As you can see in the photos I had to chop my nails off. WAY off. Since I didn't have much length to work with I decided to try and overlap more on the design so that my "scales" would be smaller. This way I wouldn't get only 3 or 4 lines and be done. LOL  

My attempt did not turn out as well as Lucy's or Sheila's but I think with some practice I might be able to pull off this design! I used Barry M Bright Purple as my main color and the formula was very nice. I used 2 coats on my index finger and 3 on the others. It dried very shiny, no top coat. For the fishtail I used Bright Purple, Misa Let's Go Green and Milani Silver Stilettos. 


Barry M Bright Purple with Fishtail Accent Nail

Barry M Bright Purple with Fishtail Accent Nail

Barry M Bright Purple with Fishtail Accent Nail

Barry M Bright Purple with Fishtail Accent Nail

Barry M Bright Purple with Fishtail Accent Nail

What do you think of this design? Do not judge it by mine! LOL Make sure to check out the ones I linked and let me know if you try it! I WILL be attempting this again very soon.

.

12 comments :

  1. Love this, love the length, love the colors! Whole lotta love goin' on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks great! I love the color combo; the green gives it just the right pop of color. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE these colours together! great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much Ashley!!! The colour looks really good on you :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty mani. Your first fishtail attempt looks great. I have been thinking about trying it too, but still haven´t :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it, all the colours look really nice together. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did a great job on this..nice colors together AND I love the way your lines are done - like this one better than the more straight braided fishtail looks I have seen. This is far more interesting and softer done with the lines this way...tutorial? Up for helping us learn how you used your brush to get these lines?

    ReplyDelete
  8. my fave purple, im wearing it right now, infact, it's just run out :(

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I love hearing from you but please remember to be respectful. Any comments left with unsolicited advertising or blog links will be deleted. If you would like me to check out your blog or product, please email me. Thank you!

09 10