Friday, July 13, 2012

Orly Beach Cruiser - Swatches and Review

I have another neon from Orly's Summer 2012 "Feel the Vibe" Collection. (If you missed my post on Melt Your Popsicle yesterday, you can see it here.) This one is Beach Cruiser and it is a stunningly bright pink. I am loving the Orly neons. I think so many of the newer neon collections that have come out this summer are shimmers and I prefer my neons to be a creme finish - sans shimmer. 

I did have some application issues with Beach Cruiser. I applied it over white (I attempted it on one nail without underwear and it was just not going to happen) and used 2 coats for opacity. The application takes a little getting used to. It's one of those polishes that doesn't like to be messed with. If you try to manipulate it while it's wet you will just make it worse. It did not self-level so you really need to try to use as few strokes as possible and make sure each coat is dry before applying the next one.  

With all that being said, I will still use it again. It dries to a semi-matte finish that is typical for neons. I did add a top coat for the photos. All of these are in the shade/indirect light.


Orly Beach Cruiser


Orly Beach Cruiser


Orly Beach Cruiser

I hope you enjoyed this post! 

Orly Beach Cruiser (as well as many other polishes and beauty items) can be purchased at Beauty Stop Online (click here for a direct link). They have super fast shipping and excellent customer service. You can also visit them on Facebook and Twitter. 



                           Disclosure: The product(s) in this post were provided to me by the manufacturer or their PR company for consideration. 
For more information, please visit my Disclosure Tab. 

7 comments :

  1. This is a real stunner! Looks great on you! And thanks for the honest input on the application! I know exactly the formula you are talking about with not being able to manipulate it. That saves me a botched mani and some time, but I'll still grab this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wowza bright!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG this pink is blinding my eyes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your camera's lens must have been blown out with the photos of this guy! Wow it's bright looking. I have the China Glaze Pool Party that I think if the brightest of all the neon pinks I ever have seen -but then I never got to see this one in person.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I love hearing from you but please remember to be respectful. Any comments left with unsolicited advertising or blog links will be deleted. If you would like me to check out your blog or product, please email me. Thank you!

09 10