Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Orly Frolic - Swatches and Review (and a bit of nail art!)

As I mentioned in my post on Orly Green Apple yesterday (if you missed it you can find it here) I have a bit of nail art for you today. But first I have a gorgeous purple polish (and the other "half" of my nail art).

Orly Frolic is such a beautiful purple. However, my bottle is very different than others that I have seen. My friend has a bottle and I compared it with hers (as well as looking up swatches online from multiple bloggers) and they are very different. All of the others are a cool-toned purple but mine is very warm-toned and leans to the pink side. Both are gorgeous, I just felt the need to let you guys know there may be a re-formulation from Orly, or maybe mine just has the wrong label.

Now that that is out of the way, let's get on to my bottle. I had no issues with application, it was opaque in 2 coats. It does dry to a semi-matte (satin) finish that I quite like. In the photos I have only put a top coat on my index and ring finger so that you can see the difference in the finish. All pics were taken outside.


Orly Frolic

Orly Frolic


Orly Frolic

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And now for my attempt at nail art. I fell in love with this needle marbling design from my friend Sheila and was dying to try it. I love purple and green together so I thought Frolic and Green Apple would make an amazing combo.  I LOVE these colors together and am fairly happy with my needle marble attempt but it does not look as good as Sheila's. But hopefully with more practice mine will improve!


Orly Green Apple and Frolic Needle Marble


Orly Green Apple and Frolic Needle Marble


Orly Green Apple and Frolic Needle Marble

What do you think of Frolic? Is your like mine or is it the cool-toned version? What do you think of my needle marble? Tell me honestly, I can take it. LOL

Orly Frolic (as well as many other polishes and beauty items) can be purchased at Beauty Stop Online (click here for a direct link). They have super fast shipping and excellent customer service. You can also visit them on Facebook and Twitter.



Disclosure: The product(s) in this post were provided to me by the manufacturer or their PR company for consideration. 
For more information, please visit my Disclosure Tab. 


7 comments :

  1. Love it!!! Frolic is gorgeous and is there anything better than purple and green together? I think not! GREAT JOB!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love love love!!!!!! Both colors go great together and the design rocks, Ash!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this combo! I think the needling turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks fabulous111

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the needle marble! It looks very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the needle marbleing. I also have a bottle of Frolic that I feel is pink, not purple. So there must have been 2 versions of it out there. I don't think I ever noticed on other photos that it was different. But then monitor settings and camera settings you really cannot tell unless you have the bottles in front of you. So good to know you have seen both versions personally. I wished I had picked up a bottle of this extra when they closed out this collection - it's my fav of this odd back to school collection - odd in that these colors were summer, not fall. But that said think of how early all the fall stuff is released! It's coming out in July and who wants to wear a ton of deep colors middle of summer other than for a rare occasion or a break from summer brighter shades? I can see some polish companies starting to go an early fall release and a later fall release down the road in yrs to come. Seems some are already doing that with holiday collections.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I love hearing from you but please remember to be respectful. Any comments left with unsolicited advertising or blog links will be deleted. If you would like me to check out your blog or product, please email me. Thank you!

09 10