Monday, July 23, 2012

Zoya Designers Collection for NYFW 2012 - Swatches and Review

Good morning everyone! Who's ready to start Zoya Week? I know I am!! I loved these colors when I started seeing swatches but I am even more impressed after using them. There is not one out of all of these collections that I don't like. I really shouldn't be surprised, I am ALWAYS impressed with Zoya.


Zoya Designers, Divas and Gloss Collections


I decided to start with my favorite of the 3 collections, The Designers Collection. This collection of 6 consists of all cremes, which is why it is my favorite. I ♥ my cremes and Zoya has amazing ones.

Zoya Noot, Natty, Evvie, Toni, Rekah, Monica


I am going to speak of formula and application here so I don't keep repeating myself. They all had the same application, which speaks volumes as to Zoya's consistency. They were a tad on the thin side but nothing problematic, just don't put too much on your brush and you will be good to go. They were all a little streaky on the first coat but the second evened everything out perfectly and made them opaque. The only one that was not completely opaque in 2 coats was Rekha and the nail line was only visible under intense lighting for that one. All dried to a shiny finish. All photos are 2 coats and no top coat. MOST photos were taken outside but some had to be taken inside, I will indicate which were inside.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

First up is one of the ones tied for my favorite of the collection (the other being Evvie). Noot is a dark greyish green, or maybe a greenish grey. LOL! In some lighting it looks more grey, some it looks more green. In my photos (all outside under overcast skies) it definitely looks more grey. I absolutely love it!

Zoya Noot

Zoya Noot

Zoya Noot

----------------------------------------------------

Next up we have Evvie. Evvie was previously released in Zoya's Peter Som Designer Collection. She is another greyish green but lighter and definitely more green than Noot. There are also some slight blue tones in Evvie. 

Zoya Evvie

Zoya Evvie

Zoya Evvie

---------------------------------------------------

And a quick comparison between Noot and Evvie....

Zoya Noot (index and ring fingers) vs. Zoya Evvie (middle finger and pinky)

----------------------------------------

Natty is a dusty medium blue, not quite as bright as my photos are showing. My camera was not cooperating, this is the closest I could get. It is *almost* accurate, just picture it a bit more grey.

Zoya Natty

Zoya Natty

Zoya Natty

-------------------------------------------

Monica is a cool purple, Zoya definitely knows how to make an amazing purple. LOVE this one. 

*All of the Monica photos were taken inside under artificial lighting. Because of this they appear slightly darker than Monica actually is.*


Zoya Monica

Zoya Monica

Zoya Monica

---------------------------------------

Next up we have Toni which is a lovely wine color. Kind of a reddish purple. Vampy and lovely.

Zoya Toni

Zoya Toni

----------------------------------------

And to round out this collection we have Rekha. This one is a cool base red with blue undertones instead of orange. My camera does not like red so these are, again, *close* but not 100% accurate. They are slightly more orange here than in person. 

If you look closely you can see the VNL that I was referring to earlier. These pics are in direct sunlight.

Zoya Rekha

Zoya Rekha

Zoya Rekha

Well, there you have the Designers Collection. What are your thoughts? I love each and every one of them, there isn't one that I am "meh" about. 

The Designers Collection is available for purchase now at zoya.com for $8 each. Zoya is an amazing company that runs sales and promotions very often. Make sure to catch those by following them on Facebook and Twitter. Zoya is 5-Free and Cruelty-Free AND makes amazing polish! What more could you ask for?



Disclosure: The product(s) in this post were provided to me by the manufacturer or their PR company for consideration. 
For more information, please visit my Disclosure Tab.

.



6 comments :

  1. Wow I am loving those colours! Definitely a great collection! :)
    Thanks for sharing xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great colors and great collection!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your reviews and I love this collection!
    and if I get the entire set it will be all your fault! (and Sheila's)

    I think my favorite is Evvie but I seriously stare at Noot and Monica. I'm glad my stares don't cost me....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great review! The cremes are definitely my favorites too! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. BUY.ALL.THE.ZOYA!

    Yes, I love the swatches and want them all :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Took me time to read all the comments, but I really enjoyed the article. It proved to be Very helpful to me and I am sure to all the commenters here! It’s always nice when you can not only be informed, but also entertained! Buy-Sell your digital products

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I love hearing from you but please remember to be respectful. Any comments left with unsolicited advertising or blog links will be deleted. If you would like me to check out your blog or product, please email me. Thank you!

09 10