Monday, July 9, 2012

Illamasqua Hectic - Swatches, Review and Comparison

Let me preface this post by saying that I realize that this color is not for everyone. I, however, am in the small percentage of people who happen to LOVE these dirty, murky, olive (some even say baby poop) greens. Illamasqua Hectic is a discontinued and VERY hard to find color. It is a very long (and quite funny) story as to how I finally obtained it but the important part is that I have it now (and a very good friend got one in the process).

Hectic is a gorgeous olive green that is quite more warm-toned than most (see the comparison at the bottom of the page). I loved this so much that I wore it for FOUR days (that is completely unheard of for me - I usually change my polish every day or every other day at the very least) and had very little tip wear. Great job Illamasqua!

Application was very good, the first coat was quite streaky but the second coat evened everything out. It is also quite shiny on its own. I really like the shape of the Illamasqua bottles and the fact that the square cap comes off to reveal a small round one underneath. This also allows for the cap to always be aligned correctly with the bottle. A little note about me - I prefer square bottles to round ones but if the caps are square and have no way to be re-aligned correctly it DRIVES.ME.NUTS.

All photos were taken outside (in about 113 degree Arizona heat, it is a labor of love LOL) and feature 2 coats. Perfect creamy green goodness....


Illamasqua Hectic

Illamasqua Hectic

Illamasqua Hectic

Illamasqua Hectic

Illamasqua Hectic

Illamasqua Hectic

Illamasqua Hectic

Illamasqua Hectic


---------------------------------------------------------------------------


Since Hectic is so hard to find I thought I would do a comparison with some of my other greens that are in this family. 

Illamasqua Hectic, W.I.C. by Herome Aalborg, Zoya Dree, China Glaze Westside Warrior


Hectic, Aalborg, Dree, Westside Warrior

As you can see, none of these are even close to being dupes. Hectic is more yellow-toned than any of the others. My friend Sheila (from Pointless Cafe) also has a love for these dirty greens and has done a couple of comparison posts as well. Since she has more of them than me (for now hehe), I have included links to both of those here and here if you would like to see more baby poop green goodness.

What do you think of these greens? They seem to be one of those colors you either absolutely love or absolutely hate. Haha


5 comments :

  1. I actually like these ugly greens, but I would only wear them with some nailart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Personally, I love the earthy tones like "Hectic" on my nails. There is something odd and unique (in a positive sense) about them. Thanks for showing and comparing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This color is pretty, but I like Westside Warrior better. It's one of my top 3 favorite colors!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I love hearing from you but please remember to be respectful. Any comments left with unsolicited advertising or blog links will be deleted. If you would like me to check out your blog or product, please email me. Thank you!

09 10