Monday, October 22, 2012

Ulta Vampire Kiss and Howl At The Moon - Swatches and Review

Hello everyone! For the second Monday in a row it has been "a true Monday." LOL So let's relax and look at some pretty polish! I have a different take on "Halloween polish" tonight. 

I picked up both of these polishes in a set at Ulta sometime this past February or March, put them in my stash and promptly forgot about them. I do remember that it was $5.95 for both of them, how could I possibly pass that up? I couldn't. LOL I ran across them a couple of weeks ago when I was looking for a base for some of my indies and wondered why in the world haven't I worn these yet?  I decided it was past time to blog about them! While the colors are not "Halloween" colors, the names are very Halloween-themed so I am going with it. Hahaha

-----------------------------------------------

First up is Vampire Kiss. This one is MUCH prettier in person than it looks in my photos. It is what I would describe as a "raspberry" and is somewhere between a creme and a crelly finish. It was a little on the thin side - I used 3 coats in the photos and you can still see visible nail line (although it was not as apparent in person as it is in the photos). I do suggest making sure each coat is dry before doing the next one to avoid cuticle drag. It is much richer and slightly deeper in person than in my photos. (This is also what I used as my base under Maya Kung Fu Treachery.)


Ulta Vampire Kiss

Ulta Vampire Kiss

Ulta Vampire Kiss


------------------------------------------------------------


Now we have Howling At The Moon. This is a gorgeous purple-based deep blue. I did not capture any of the purple in the pics but in some lighting it is a true "blurple" color. This one had a better formula than Vampire Kiss but was still a little on the thin side. I only used 2 coats in the photos and no topcoat. Again, you do need to be careful of cuticle drag.


Ulta Howl At The Moon

Ulta Howl At The Moon

Ulta Howl At The Moon

Ulta Howl At The Moon


These are both from the Ulta Professional line and retail for $7.50 each at Ulta locations and Ulta.com. They are currently on sale - buy 2, get 1 free!


Thanks for reading! ♥


.

6 comments :

  1. Love them! I don't know why I don't grab a few Ultas now and then.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Sheila! Great swatches. I need to look at ulta polishes more

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooohh Vampire kiss so lovely!

    Jazz x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. It is more of a thin creme - it has the opacity of a crelly but is not quite as shiny, if that makes sense.

      Delete

Thank you for commenting! I love hearing from you but please remember to be respectful. Any comments left with unsolicited advertising or blog links will be deleted. If you would like me to check out your blog or product, please email me. Thank you!

09 10