Friday, October 5, 2012

Rainbow Honey The Yokai Collection - Swatches and Review - Autumn Limited Edition

Happy Friday everyone!! I have a gorgeous collection to show you tonight!

Rainbow Honey just announced The Yokai Collection, a limited edition release for Autumn 2012. This is a preview of the collection and it will officially go up for sale on Saturday, October 13, 2012.

First up, some bottle shots. I absolutely love the packaging, as well as the care with which they are packaged and shipped. These adorable boxes were bubble wrapped and then wrapped in metallic silver tissue paper and closed with a silver heart sticker. Perfect packaging to go with the brand logo.


Rainbow Honey - The Yokai Collection

Rainbow Honey - The Yokai Collection

Rainbow Honey - The Yokai Collection

Rainbow Honey - The Yokai Collection

Rainbow Honey - The Yokai Collection



Before I show you these amazing polishes I want to talk a little bit about formula and application on all three, as they were very similar (any differences will be noted in the description before each polish). All 3 polishes were fully opaque in 2 coats and were completely smooth with one coat of Poshe. They do NEED top coat because they are packed with micro-fine glitter and are on the "dull" side without it. But one coat of top coat brings them to life. And they are stunning. 

All 3 were also on the thick side, I will probably add a couple drops of thinner to them before wearing them again, not a big deal in my opinion. I do recommend making sure your first coat is completely dry before adding your second coat on all of these polishes, it makes application much smoother.


As usual, my camera does not do these justice. These are so much prettier in person. All photos show two coats of polish with one coat of Poshe. I do apologize for my super short nubs, I chose a really bad time to chop my nails. LOL

----------------------------------------------------------

First up, Kawako. Kawako is a medium to deep royal blue filled with small silver and blue flakies. The formula on this one was thicker than the other two but not overly problematic. 


Rainbow Honey Kawako

Rainbow Honey Kawako

Rainbow Honey Kawako

Rainbow Honey Kawako

Rainbow Honey Kawako

Rainbow Honey Kawako

Rainbow Honey Kawako


Rainbow Honey Kawako (Bottle Pic)

---------------------------------------------------------------------


Next we have Kitsune. Kitsune is a nude or camel colored base with glitter in brown/bronze, rust and orange as well as gold shimmer and micro-flakies. 


Rainbow Honey Kitsune

Rainbow Honey Kitsune

Rainbow Honey Kitsune

Rainbow Honey Kitsune

Rainbow Honey Kitsune

Rainbow Honey Kitsune

Rainbow Honey Kitsune


Rainbow Honey Kitsune (Bottle Pic)


-----------------------------------------------------------


Lastly we have my favorite from the collection, Oni. Oni is a bronze base that is packed with gold and violet micro-flakes. I even think I spotted some dark purple and fuchsia micro-glitter in the sun (but I wasn't able to capture this in any of the pics). I think some of the flakies may have a duochrome effect because I did see slight flashes of green as well. This is one you have to see in person to truly appreciate. My jaw actually dropped when I saw this in the sun.



Rainbow Honey Oni

Rainbow Honey Oni

Rainbow Honey Oni

Rainbow Honey Oni

Rainbow Honey Oni

Rainbow Honey Oni

Rainbow Honey Oni

Rainbow Honey Oni

Rainbow Honey Oni

Rainbow Honey Oni

Rainbow Honey Oni

Rainbow Honey Oni

Rainbow Honey Oni

Rainbow Honey Oni (Bottle Pic)


What do you think of this collection? Which ones will you be snatching up on the 13th?

Make sure to follow Rainbow Honey on Facebook for all of the latest news and re-stock dates. This collection will be available on October 13th at her Etsy shop. 


Thanks for reading!



*These products were provided to me for my honest, unbiased opinion.


.

7 comments :

  1. Your swatches are beautiful! Your nubbins look way better than you make them out to be!!! I think the top one is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your nails this length, seriously. They look amazing...and so do those polishes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these!! Great swatches! I actually like all three!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I love hearing from you but please remember to be respectful. Any comments left with unsolicited advertising or blog links will be deleted. If you would like me to check out your blog or product, please email me. Thank you!

09 10