Sunday, October 28, 2012

Pure Ice Velvet Collection - Swatches and Review

Happy Sunday! I hope you have all had a fantabulous weekend!

This weekend I started hearing about some new lines available from Pure Ice. I decided to check my Walmart - not really expecting them to have them here because we are the last to get everything - but to my surprise they actually did have them! The display was near the hair color, not near the other Pure Ice products or even by the other cosmetics, and it was completely disorganized, with all 4 new collections mixed in with each other. But they were there so I can't complain too much - LOL! I looked briefly at the other collections but they were crowded so I didn't get a chance to take a photo. There was a metallic collection and two different glitter collections (one was more of a shimmer/subtle glitter collection while the other was more chunky glitter.) I decided to just grab a few of the "Velvets" to start.

These have a finish very similar to the Zoya Velvet Mattes line and the OPI Suede line - matte but with a shimmer. The formula was nice - as with all polishes with this type of finish you DO have to make sure the first coat is completely dry before you add another coat. They do not like to be messed with or over-manipulated. I am very impressed with these and will definitely go back for more! You can't beat $1.97 for a polish with a great formula and a finish that is hard to come by!

First up is Stunning. This one is a true pink and actually seems a little bit metallic, but still matte, if that makes any sense at all. I had the most trouble applying this one BUT it was also the first one I used so I think it was just user error and not the polish itself. This is two coats and no top coat.


Pure Ice Stunning

Pure Ice Stunning

Pure Ice Stunning

Pure Ice Stunning

Pure Ice Stunning

Next up is Blue Midnight. This is a is a medium bright blue with a bit of green in the base, but not enough to make it teal. This one has a really great depth to it! I love this one more than I expected to. Also 2 coats and no top coat.


Pure Ice Blue Midnight

Pure Ice Blue Midnight

Pure Ice Blue Midnight

Pure Ice Blue Midnight

Pure Ice Blue Midnight

Pure Ice Blue Midnight

Lastly we have Touch Me Softly. This one is a warm-toned berry/violet color and my favorite of the three (although Blue Midnight is a close second). It reminded me a lot of Zoya Harlow and OPI We'll Always Have Paris Suede. Unfortunately I recently got rid of my OPI Suedes but I do have Harlow so I included a comparison pic at the end of this post. :) This is 2 coats and no top coat.


Pure Ice Touch Me Softly

Pure Ice Touch Me Softly

Pure Ice Touch Me Softly

Pure Ice Touch Me Softly

Pure Ice Touch Me Softly

And for the comparison (I also threw Zoya Savita in there too, just for the heck of it).


Pure Ice Velvets and Zoya Matte Velvets Comparison

As you can see, none of them are dupes. But if you have been hunting Harlow and can't find it, the Pure Ice might help a little. Like a Band-Aid. LOL

Pure Ice polishes are available at Walmart and baricosmetics.com for just under $2 each. They were recently acquired by Revlon so maybe they will be available at a wider range of stores soon!


Thanks for reading! ♥


.

15 comments :

  1. All three are lovely and beautiful - I am especially fond of matte and suede finishes))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful!! I think I need all 55 of the new colors :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait until my Walmart gets these!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I love these!! I need to check my Walmart asap! Gorgeous finish ;]

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful. I was about to ask you to do a comparison of Zoya Harlow till I saw the end of the post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My wally world better gave these this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the ones you chose. It's good to see more colors than what has been swatched. Great job and love the comparison.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That looks like really cool polishes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ahhh midnight is so stunning wow!

    Jazz x

    ReplyDelete
  10. great colors!
    i think i like most the midnight blue!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, these are so pretty! Midnight Blue is my favorite! I'll have to pick these up!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome swatches, especially the comparisons with Harlow, which I've wanted but missed when it was available.

    Of these new Pure Ice mattes, I got Stunning too, plus Grunge (light pink), and an awesome black called Black Velour. It's very matte and I can't wait to dress it up with maybe gold French tips. I also got a purple called Temptress, thinking it was matte, but I think it was in the wrong row. The display was really a mess, all mixed up.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I love hearing from you but please remember to be respectful. Any comments left with unsolicited advertising or blog links will be deleted. If you would like me to check out your blog or product, please email me. Thank you!

09 10