Monday, January 2, 2012

NYE Mani...48 Hours Late!!!! LOL

Happy (late) New Year everyone!!!I hope you all had a wonderful holiday! I apologize for not posting my NYE mani sooner but I have been really busy! Better late than never, right?

Before I get to the mani I have an exciting announcement to make! Starting today (after this post) I will start a themed week to kick off the new year and it's a pretty awesome one if I do say so myself. To kick off 2012 I will be having a "Week of Holos!!" Yes, a whole week worth of holo goodness. If you saw my nail mail post last week you know I have a ton o awesome new holo polishes from Llarowe to try out and I can't wait!! So stay tuned for mega-drooling. ;-)

OK, on to this mani. I wanted something fun for NYE and I hadn't had a chance to use my Nubar Black Polka Dots or White Polka Dots yet. I thought about doing them alternately over black and white polish but wanted to try them together. And what color better to put them over than red? I think it turned out super cute!! It reminds me of my Grandma's kitchen, she had a black and white tile floor with red countertops, so retro. :)

Once again, I have to apologize for the red in these pics. My camera seems to be ok with every color except red. The first pic I am posting is from my cell phone so it is crappy quality but the color is the true color of the polish.

I used 2 coats of Avon Real Red topped with Nubar White Polka Dots and Nubar Black Polka Dots. I got pics of the red on its own but they turned out way too orange so I didn't even include them. The formula on the White Polka Dots was better than the black. The white spread pretty evenly but the black I had to "dab". Either way it was not a problem and I just want to say I LOVE THESE POLKA DOTS!!!! OK, here we go!

Crappy quality but the real color....

Though I'd show them alternating before I did the second coat. I can't wait to wear these over black and white polish. :)

Excuse the stray glitter, I was in a hurry. :)





What do you think? Appropriate for NYE or not glitzy enough? 

You can purchase Avon polish at my store HERE or directly from avon.com.

Nubar can be purchased from bynubar.com or from the very sweet Katie at Harlow & Co. 

6 comments :

Thank you for commenting! I love hearing from you but please remember to be respectful. Any comments left with unsolicited advertising or blog links will be deleted. If you would like me to check out your blog or product, please email me. Thank you!

09 10