Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Julep Helena

Hello everyone!! I'm going to tell you first thing today that I am IN LOVE with this polish BUT my pictures do not do it justice. I literally took HUNDREDS of pics of this color in every lighting situation I could find and not one of them turned out true to color. The ones I finally settled on (and I literally mean finally, I started working on these pics 24 hours ago) I am still not happy with. I actually feel bad using these because the color appears more muted than it is in real life. In real life this color is a very vibrant, bright, purpley fuschia. They are also blurry because these came from my phone, my camera did not get anywhere near the true color of this gorgeous polish. OK, onto the rest of the post...

The finish of this polish is very interesting. It is not a creme, it is more of a "rubbery" finish, it reminds me of the finish in the pics I've seen of the Illamasqua Theater of the Nameless Collection (you can see pics of this collection on All Lacquered Up HERE). It's somewhere between a creme and a matte, very satin-y and smooth. In my swatches I left my middle finger and pinky WITHOUT topcoat so you can see the difference in topcoat/no topcoat.

Index and middle fingers have topcoat, middle finger and pinky are without topcoat


I really wish I could have had better pics for all of you. I think this color is a must have, especially for Spring and Summer. 

If you are interested in becoming a Julep Maven, they are running ANOTHER penny promo!!! You can become a Maven and get your first month for only $.01!!! Click  HERE to take your style quiz and  join! Don't forget, you can skip a month, switch styles ot cancel at any time. :-)





5 comments :

  1. Lovely colour!! I hate when you spend so much time trying to get a particular color or shimmer across in photos, and then it doesn't work. That just happened to me again the other day. Regardless, if this is this pretty in your photo and you say it looks even better in real life, it must be gorgeous! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. From your photos it looks really beautiful, I can only imagine how pretty it is in person :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Ashesela! I'm glad I'm not the only one with that issue. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i just got this one. have yet to put it on but it really is beautiful in the bottle =]

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I love hearing from you but please remember to be respectful. Any comments left with unsolicited advertising or blog links will be deleted. If you would like me to check out your blog or product, please email me. Thank you!

09 10