Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Butter London Knackered EXTRAVAGANZA!!!!!

Hello everyone!!! Today I have for you a polish from Butter London's new collection for Spring. This is a Knackered EXTRAVAGANZA!!! I have swatched Knackered by itself, over black and over dark purple (Zoya Savita). I thought knackered meant tired but I wasn't sure so I asked some of my fellow polish addict friends who live in England and they confirmed that is in fact what it means (along with a few other meanings). I am really "knackered" after so many color changes and pics. LOL

 Knackered is really amazing in the bottle, it is a multi-chrome with scattered holo glitter. This shifts from purple to blue to silver and sometimes even green. I expected this to be sheer because most multi-chromes are but I tried it out on its own first anyways. I was right, super sheer, after 4 coats I still had VNL. The next three pics are FOUR coats of Knackered. 




I then decided to put it over black, most duo- and multi-chromes look best over a dark color. I took inside pics and sun pics. My index finger and middle finger have 3 coats of Knackered over OPI Black Onyx and my ring finger and pinky have 2 coats of Knackered. 

Please excuse the chip on my ring finger and the messy index finger. LOL These were not visible to the naked eye and I had already taken this combo off when I was editing the pics.

Inside under artificial lighting...


In the sun....
 

 


Indirect sunlight...



I thought I was done after that but then my friend Jacki from Adventures in Acetone said she wanted to see it swatched over purple so I decided I might as well add that one in too. LOL I put it over Zoya Savita (I haven't posted on this yet, post coming soon, but in the meantime I added a pic below of Savita so you know what she looks like). It definitely makes it more purple but you can see the color shift in the shade really well. I'm glad I listened to Jacki, this is my favorite combo! (Oh, and I am IN LOVE with Savita, that post coming later).

Zoya Savita with only top coat...


Over Savita under artificial light...


Over Savita in the sun....


Over Savita in the shade....




What do you think of Knackered? I love it BUT I think I can create a dupe out of two polishes I already own. I will have a comparison post up later today. Which two polishes do you think I am talking about? Does it remind you of anything?

Butter London polishes retail for $14 and can be purchased at Ulta, Ulta.com and butterlondon.com




17 comments :

  1. I love it over purple as well!! So glad you tried it with Savita! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh!!! I love that! It looks super pretty over the Black and purple though! Not really by itself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it in the bottle but the reviews I saw on it were not that great. I went with slapper instead and now questioning whether I should get this or not

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG OMG OMG
    I need this polish so bad now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really pretty! Looking forward to the dupe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been dying to get my hands on this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i hate it when a polish looks like a million bucks in the bottle but just doesn't translate onto the nail. i'm taking this one off my wishlist. thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Heyyy!!
    I really dont know if I love it more over black or purple! Omg! Probably over green would look pretty cool too!

    HugZ* Ash*

    ReplyDelete
  9. Savita is wonderful with it, but with the black it looks even better! Thanks for the new lemming:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such an interesting shade, I must remember to look for this next time I'm out :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. nice love this one it seems it can work with many colors of polish

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really want this! I have Trout Pout and Slapper and love them. I get all my meanings from butter London's dictionary on their website. Some of the stuff is just so hilarous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Um yeah this is ridiculously wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I love hearing from you but please remember to be respectful. Any comments left with unsolicited advertising or blog links will be deleted. If you would like me to check out your blog or product, please email me. Thank you!

09 10