Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Essence The Dawn is Broken with Stamping!!!!

The first day after holo week, you know I was itching to wear some of my other new polishes! LOL I could not wait to get the Essence Vampire's Love collection on my nails that I got in my swap with my friend Traci (from The Trace Face Philes). I couldn't decide which one to wear (they are all so pretty!!) and my friend Jacki from Adventures in Acetone requested The Dawn is Broken, so here it is Jacki!!!

TDIB is a gorgeous grey with dark grey/silver flecks that make it very interesting. The formula was amazing. I have not used very many Essence polishes (yet) but the few that I have used I am very impressed with. The formula is like butter, it was opaque in 2 coats and the brush is very nice.

If you saw my mini haul post earlier today you know that I picked up the Orly Nail Rescue Kit at Sally's. This kit includes nail glue, acrylic powder and a buffer. It is meant to help repair a split or minor break so you can keep the length of your nail and not have to chop it down. It also says it can help reinforce weak nails, which I definitely have. I have not had a break since I got it but I did apply a thin layer to the tips of all of my nails to help reinforce them. The buffer that came with it is too smooth in my opinion, or maybe I put the powder on too thick. Some of my nails look 'lumpy' and it is driving me nuts. I will be smoothing them down tonight so hopefully I will be happier once I get them all smooth. I can definitely tell they are stronger. I have recently started taking supplements to help strengthen my nails so hopefully I won't have to use the powder very long. So I apologize that some of my nails look a little thick and lumpy in these pics.

After applying the acrylic powder and smoothing it (or when I THOUGHT it was smooth) I applied Orly Calcium Shield because it is nice and thick, it did help camouflage some of the ridges. I also bought Orly Won't Chip at Sally's and I used it as my topcoat for this mani. I am very impressed with this, it is nice and thick and made my polish SUPER SHINY. I apologize for the shiny cuticles in the pics, I had just applied cuticle oil. LOL Better than dry cuticles, right?

Whew, that was a lot of jabbering, but I thought everyone would be interested in these products. For the stamping I used Bundle Monster plate BM01 with OPI Black Onyx. I wanted to do a medieval-themed mani, I am pretty happy with how it turned out. The cross on  my ring finger didn't turn out perfectly but I guess that adds to the old-world look. LOL I have been getting a lot of requests for more stamping, I love stamping but just hadn't had much time to do it lately. So, this is for all of you who have requested it! And I will do my best to stamp more often!

First up, the polish on its own.





And now for the stamping. :-)




What do you think of this mani? It's not my normal style but I really like it! I hope you do to!!

10 comments :

  1. Very cool!!! :D Those stamps go perfectly with that polish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. THIS IS FANTASTIC! I love it! LOVE IT! I'm SO copying this! I love the medieval look--great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, it's really beautiful.

    Pls enter my giveaway

    http://bebe2003.blogspot.com/2012/01/sneakpeeq-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. The colour is really interesting and the stamping is suited with it. Nice combination.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this collection!!! So sad I missed out on it :( If you know of anyone that can still find it would you let me know?? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. as an architecture student i see it like beton ^^
    i like it

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I love hearing from you but please remember to be respectful. Any comments left with unsolicited advertising or blog links will be deleted. If you would like me to check out your blog or product, please email me. Thank you!

09 10