Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Purple and Green Flakie Explosion!

Happy Wednesday everyone! I have a gorgeous combo for you tonight! This just so happens to be one of those combos that you can't capture the beauty of in photos. Well, I can't - I'm sure there are people out there who can.

I used Urban Outfitters Bandeau - a gorgeous blurple (blue/purple) - as my base. I put this color on before bed, with a top coat, and woke up with tip wear. Ugh. Needless to say I was disappointed - all I did was sleep. I was going to remove it the next morning when I say Zoya Opal sitting there and thought it would look great over Bandeau. Wowsers, I was right.

Again, this looks so much better in person. Please excuse the tip wear in the photos. I used 1 - 2 coats of Opal and had no issues with application. I did apply a top coat but even without one the flakies were nearly smooth. I love Zoya - they are such a consistently amazing brand.


Zoya Opal over Urban Outfitters Bandeau - in the shade

Zoya Opal over Urban Outfitters Bandeau - in the shade

Zoya Opal over Urban Outfitters Bandeau - in the shade

Zoya Opal over Urban Outfitters Bandeau - in the shade

Zoya Opal over Urban Outfitters Bandeau - in the sun

Zoya Opal over Urban Outfitters Bandeau - in the shade

I absolutely love this combo! What do you think of it? Are you a fan of flakies?

.

20 comments :

  1. LOVE that combo, and I'm not even a fan of flakies!!! Great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa this is breath taking! Love love love love love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! Green and purple is one of my favorite color combos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful combination! I would never have thought of putting those two together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh honey, you captured it all right! It is STUNNING!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! I love purple and green together!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am a fan of flakies when I am applying them, not when I am taking them off;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great combo... I love it when people mix colors together! The flakies are super fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing combo ! I would definitely wear this ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. this look amazing! That's really strange that you had tip wear after a night' sleep. I'd say it's definitely the top coat that is shrinking and eating (metaphorically) your nail polish! What do you use? I really love Cult Nails - Wicked Fast (The BEST and FASTEST and doesn't thicken top coat ever!)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love it! It's so mermaid-ish! It's like their mer-maid for each other, lol ;) I have on a mermaid mani at the moment, just snapped pics today! Mine is a bit, & by a bit I mean a lot lol, more eccentric!! It is the same concept tho; I used Sally Hansen's Purple Potion for a base & then a green, blue & clear shimmery, holo-like sparkle on top, rotating nails of course. Hard to decide if I like it or if it's just plain tacky ;P....mine that is....yours is heavenly!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I changed my profile pic to my mani, but it hasn't changed on my comments yet :/

      Delete
  12. Wow wow! Those colours are gorgeous!!
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. And I took off my toe shade last night and am ready to pick a new shade - odd as I usually have something in mind ready to go - just not feeling what I want on my toes since I am in sandals all month of Sept still and sooo over my summer brights/neons...and not able to get behind fall darks or vampy when I am in the heat of our summer - you know from living in the SW - same along Central Cali Coast - no fall. I think I am going right now to find a nice purple cream and my Zoya Opal.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I love hearing from you but please remember to be respectful. Any comments left with unsolicited advertising or blog links will be deleted. If you would like me to check out your blog or product, please email me. Thank you!

09 10