Friday, August 3, 2012

Megan Miller Velvet Lounge - Swatches and Review with Some Holo Thrown In!

Happy Friday everyone! Today I have another Megan Miller polish to show you, this one is Velvet Lounge. (If you missed my post on Megan Miller Foxy you can find it here.) This one had the same great formula as Foxy and I still LOVE the bottle.

Velvet Lounge is a very dark, vampy purple. So dark, in fact, that it read black on me most of the time. Only in sunlight could I tell it was purple. I have taken pics in various lighting (I will specify on the caption of each photo) so you can see all of the different looks. The formula on this was very nice. The first coat went on a little streaky but the second coat evened it out and made everything opaque. I used 2 coats and no top coat for the pics.


Megan Miller Velvet Lounge - direct sunlight

Megan Miller Velvet Lounge - direct sunlight

Megan Miller Velvet Lounge - indirect sunlight

Megan Miller Velvet Lounge - shade

Megan Miller Velvet Lounge - shade

Megan Miller Velvet Lounge - inside under artificial lighting

Megan Miller Velvet Lounge - inside under artificial lighting

------------------------------------------------------------------------

After wearing it alone for nearly a whole day I decided to add some of my SpectraFlair Top Coat (aka #hashtag Holo) and WOW - amazing. I ♥ holo. 

Warning - LOTS of drool-worthy pics ahead.


Megan Miller Velvet Lounge with SpectraFlair Top Coat - inside under artificial lighting

Megan Miller Velvet Lounge with SpectraFlair Top Coat - inside under artificial lighting

Megan Miller Velvet Lounge with SpectraFlair Top Coat - inside under artificial lighting

Megan Miller Velvet Lounge with SpectraFlair Top Coat - inside under artificial lighting

Megan Miller Velvet Lounge with SpectraFlair Top Coat - in direct sunlight

Megan Miller Velvet Lounge with SpectraFlair Top Coat - in direct sunlight

What do you think of Velvet Lounge? Too dark for you or the perfect vampy purple? Do you love it alone or with the holo - or both? 

For purchasing information I suggest you visit Megan Miller's website. They retail for $12 for  a 0.5 oz. bottle and are available at various online retailers.

.

3 comments :

  1. i need to buy this it's so pretty , nice blog .

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so pretty, and then you slap on the holo, and I'm blown away!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I love hearing from you but please remember to be respectful. Any comments left with unsolicited advertising or blog links will be deleted. If you would like me to check out your blog or product, please email me. Thank you!

09 10