Thursday, August 2, 2012

China Glaze Wagon Trail - Swatches and Review

Today I have a polish that is an oldie, but it's new to me! This was a long-time lemming and I am so happy to have it finally! China Glaze Wagon Trail is from the Fall 2008 Rodeo Diva Collection.

I have noticed since discovering nail polish blogs a little over a year ago that I missed a LOT of amazing polishes over the years because I simply didn't know about them. I have been addicted to polish since I was little but I would just go to the store and see what was there. I MIGHT scope out the Ulta sales before I went and see the latest collections - but that doesn't mean my Ulta would have them when I went. So when I found nail blogs I realized that there were a TON of amazing polishes that I missed. China Glaze OMG Collection and China Glaze Kaleidoscope Collection - never even heard of them. Anyway, THIS is one of the amazing polishes I missed because I never knew about it. The first time I saw it on a blog (which just so happened to be this post from Pointless Cafe) I knew it had to be mine.

China Glaze Wagon Trail

Wagon Trail is a very complex color. Sometimes it's bronze and sometimes it's green - and it has this amazing micro-shimmer running throughout that just makes it stand out so much. This will be PERFECT for Fall (assuming I lived somewhere that there WAS a Fall) but I have never gone by "season-appropriate" colors, I wear whatever I feel like wearing.

Application was amazing, I used 2 coats but if you use thicker coats you could probably get by with 1. No top coat for these photos. It actually appeared green quite often in person but my camera didn't seem to want to capture the green for some reason. The last pic shows the green a little bit.

China Glaze Wagon Trail

China Glaze Wagon Trail

China Glaze Wagon Trail

China Glaze Wagon Trail

China Glaze Wagon Trail

China Glaze Wagon Trail

What do you think of Wagon Trail? Do you have it? I think it is still available at some online shops and nail supplies if it is one that you are lemming.

.

9 comments :

  1. Love it! It's one of my favorite China Glazes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!! If I had known it was this pretty I would have worn it ages ago!! Stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I missed out on this as well but picked it up a while back. I love this one!! It looks gorgeous on your skin tone!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, it's always fun to see what other's are lemming over... I've had this one in my stash for quite a while- wore it once and wasn't too impressed with it. I'll give it another go after seeing your post though :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's crazy, I just got this one recently too because it was one of my lemmings! Im out to get the whole RodeoDiva collection eventually!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha I'm in Phoenix too and just wore this a few weeks ago. I adore this color. I recently picked up Rodeo Fanatic which was a huge want of mine.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow it's gorgeous!!! I will look for it now, thanks! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I also missed a ton of amazing polishes despite I was a polish hound until I found polish blogs. I would just sort of hit/miss OPI collections before then. Also, area I live in did not have Sally's - so ChG was off the radar for me until about r yrs ago and I got some hot tips from a then trusted polish seller on eBay. I got going on OMG's and Kaleidoscope. This Rodeo Diva collection only came to my eye as with you, from reading polish blogs...and due to blogs, I went beyond nuts buying polishes in late 2010 - 2011. Now with far too many to ever use, let alone really appreciate or store in my tiny house, I just have to say no and choose super careful (as well as look at what I NEED to purge from my stash). This is a shade I heard and saw a lot on blogs and went after. I recently saw a NZ blogger show the entire collection and now lemming a few more that I don't have from it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just bought this too. I can't believe how much awesome I've missed over the years.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I love hearing from you but please remember to be respectful. Any comments left with unsolicited advertising or blog links will be deleted. If you would like me to check out your blog or product, please email me. Thank you!

09 10