Saturday, August 4, 2012

Dior Liquorice - Swatches and Review

Happy Saturday everyone! Today I have a polish that had been on my wishlist for quite awhile but it is very hard to find and usually pretty pricey on eBay and the like. But one of the friends I have made through blogging, Kim at The Ides of Polish, managed to find Liquorice (and it didn't cost an arm and a leg!) and asked if I wanted one. Ummm... YEAH! LOL

Dior Liquorice

Liquorice is just as gorgeous as I thought it would be and definitely worth the wait. It is a deep red-leaning purple with shimmer that is to die for.  Inside it looks much darker and much redder but just as gorgeous. Typical Dior formula - amazing. This does have the older brush, still flat but not as wide as the current one and it is not tapered on the end. It was still very easy to work with, I love both brushes.

The first photo below is inside under artificial lighting and the rest are outside under the blazing Arizona sun. 2 coats and no top coat. I did take off the silver cap in some of the photos because it was blinding me. LOL

Dior Liquorice

Dior Liquorice

Dior Liquorice

Dior Liquorice

Dior Liquorice

What do you think of Liquorice? Is it on your lemming list?

The recently released Dior Shadow is quite similar if you have been lemming Liquorice and just can't find it for a price you are willing to pay. For a comparison between Liquorice and Shadow you can visit this post from Pointless Cafe.

.

8 comments :

  1. Very gorgeous on you! Great capture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, it wasn't on my list, but it is now!!! That's a whole bottle full of awesome right there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. NEEED! And it looks beautiful on you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks gorgeous. I guess it is in my lemming list now :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing. I love love love this polish and it looks amazing on you too!!!
    One day I will have it too... I hope ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG I am drooling!! This is so beautiful! It has been on my wishlist forever as well =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That polish is gorgeous! I'm trying not to want it... trying so hard, lol! My polish addiction is expensive enough without adding Dior to it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I love hearing from you but please remember to be respectful. Any comments left with unsolicited advertising or blog links will be deleted. If you would like me to check out your blog or product, please email me. Thank you!

09 10