Friday, October 28, 2011

Sparkly Gradient Halloween Mani!

Happy Friday everyone! I am so glad it's almost the weekend! I have a busy one planned...I will try to post every day but I'm not sure I'll have the chance. I have some good manis planned out in my head so I hope I have time! 

Today I have another post featuring my mom. As I've said previously, I do her nails as often as I do mine so it only seems right to feature her nails on here occasionally. LOL I wanted to do something fun and sparkly and I was in the mood to sponge. I love sponging, it is one of the few nail art techniques that I can actually pull off. I believe anyone can do this - it just takes a little practice. 

As a "bonus" to this post I will add a pic at the bottom of my first ever gradient sponging mani. Please keep in mind this was from awhile ago (way before I started blogging) and my picture-taking skills were non-existent so the picture is very blurry, but it does show that someone who's never done this before can do a good job!

For this mani I started out with a base of Sinful Colors Courtney Orange (I have a love/hate relationship with this polish...I love the shade of orange that it is but is takes several coats to become opaque) and then for the sponging I used Sally Hansen Black Out on the tips with Zoya Faye and Zoya Gabrielle in the middle to soften the line and add sparkle. I topped it off with Seche Vite - not my favorite top coat but it's good to use with nail art since it is so thick.





For this one I used a base of NOX Twilight in Poseidon and did the sponging in China Glaze Dorothy Who? and Zoya Charla. It reminded me of mermaids and ocean waters. :)

I hope you enjoy gradients! You'll probably see a lot more of them from me!

4 comments :

  1. Cute! Those are great colors ! they are so different but yet work so well together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Love your gradients. The Halloween one is my favourite.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I love hearing from you but please remember to be respectful. Any comments left with unsolicited advertising or blog links will be deleted. If you would like me to check out your blog or product, please email me. Thank you!

09 10