Thursday, October 20, 2011

Halloween mani time!

Happy Thursday! We're getting close to the weekend! YAY! I have to take a minute to thank you all for following me! I can't believe I am at 60 followers already! Thank you so much!

I decided to try to do Halloween manis from now until Halloween since it's getting so close. I love Fall and wish we had true Fall weather here in Arizona! We're still in the triple-digits. Yuck.

My friend Sarah at Chalkboard Nails did a jelly sandwich mani a couple weeks ago that I really liked and wanted to replicate with Halloween colors (you can see her mani here). A jelly sandwich is where you layer glitter (or flakies) between layers of jelly polish to make it look like it is buried in the polish.

I am showing you this mani in a few different forms - the base color by itself and then 3 different variations I did with the glitter. I used OPI Ya'll Come Back Ya Hear? from their Texas Collection (this is one of their "sorbet" finishes, which is the same as a jelly) and Wet 'n Wild Tangled In My Web from the LE On The Prowl Collection.

The first three pics are 3 coats Y'all Come Back with NO topcoat.


As you can see, even with 3 coats there is still a visible nail line (VNL). This is typical with a jelly finish.



And then I added the glitter - this is 2 different variations in one mani. I loved the way this looked with just the glitter on top....when I layered the orange over the top I wasn't as crazy about it. So I did the jelly sandwich on my index and ring finger and left the glitter uncovered on my middle finger and pinky. The jelly sandwich fingers have 2 coats of Y'all Come Back on top of the glitter, all nails were topped with 2 coats of Orly Sec 'N Dry.





 Outside in the shade...the truest representation of the color.


Then, I wondered what it would look like to add another layer of glitter over the top of the "sandwich nails" so there would be buried glitter and glitter on top. This is what that looked like...



Which version do you like best? I can't decide. LOL 

I have an awesome mani coming in my next post with my new GOSH Holographic....and it is Halloween themed! I will post it tonight or tomorrow morning. :)
Also, please check out my Facebook page for updates.

6 comments :

  1. I just adore jelly sandwich manicures!!!! TIMW is what I need on my nails right now haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg i love this!! i think my favorite is in the last picture, the layer of glitter over the jelly sandwich! awesome idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Carly!!

    Thanks Jacki! I like that one too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I love hearing from you but please remember to be respectful. Any comments left with unsolicited advertising or blog links will be deleted. If you would like me to check out your blog or product, please email me. Thank you!

09 10