Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Legend of Zelda inspired nails with Zoya Midori

Hello everyone! Today is my 2-week blog anniversary! Is that a blogaversary? LOL Anyway, I never dreamed in 2 weeks I would have 76 followers already! Thank you all so much for following me, and I hope you enjoy my blog!

Today I have a post that is special to me, and is still semi-Halloween related. My nephew is going to be in an Orchestra concert tonight (he is in middle school) and the kids are wearing their Halloween costumes. They're calling it a Spooktacular! My nephew is dressing up as Link, from 'The Legend of Zelda' video game (this is the second year in a row he has been Link, he's obsessed with everything Zelda). So, in honor of him, I decided to do Legend of Zelda  nails! As you saw in my post with the GOSH Holographic spiderwebs, I am not talented at nail art and I knew I could not pull these off by myself.  I decided to have my brother (who actually has art skills) do the nail art on this one. 

I painted my nails in Zoya Midori (this color scream Legend of Zelda to me) which bubbled. :( The bubbles weren't as noticeable on my right hand so I took the pic of Midori on its own using that hand. Midori is a lovely light green with gold shimmer running through it. The gold does show up a little more in the bottle than on my nails though. For the nail art we used the Sinful Colors Nail Art Stripers in Flower Girl (gold), Time Off (black) and Lagoon (blue).

As far as the nail art goes, I have an arrow on my index finger, the Master Sword on my middle finger, the TriForce on my ring finger and an Ocarina on my pinky (my thumb was being a problem and it was getting late so I don't have any art on my thumb). Don't know what a TriForce and Ocarina are? I'm sure you are not alone. LOL You can click on the following links to learn more if you like - click here for info on the Triforce and here for info on what an Ocarina is.

My brother did get inspiration for the sword and the ocarina from an image we found on Tumblr. Her Legend of Zelda nails were amazing. If you would like to see those click here.



Zoya Midori








I hope you all enjoyed this post and it's not too video-game centered. I think this post will mean a lot to my nephew. :)

11 comments :

  1. They turned out great! Good job, Ashley's brother!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a cute idea. I should totally do some World of Warcraft nails. LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy 2 week blog-o-versary! : ) I think I need to get Midori.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Patricia- you should! It's fun! I only wish I was talented enough to do nail art on my own.

    Allison- Thank you!! And I love Midori! She is lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so freaking cute! I love it! And Midori is just so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that Zoya polish! Cute mani!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Amy!! I love Midori, such an interesting color.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I love hearing from you but please remember to be respectful. Any comments left with unsolicited advertising or blog links will be deleted. If you would like me to check out your blog or product, please email me. Thank you!

09 10