Tuesday, October 18, 2011

My two obsessions collide....nail polish and Twilight!

Good morning everyone! I was so excited for this post that I just couldn't wait until this afternoon to post it. :) Before I got into following polish blogs I had no idea that there was a whole world of amazing nail polish out there that the US has absolutely no access to! I have seen so many amazing brands from all over the world....from Brazil to Europe to Asia....it's amazing! Of course, being a polish addict, I want all of these brands but to get them you usually have to know someone who lives where they are sold. I am a member of a Facebook group with some fellow polish addicts, and there are women there from all over the world....this creates an opening for international nail mail!

A few months ago I found out that Essence (a brand sold in Europe) has a collection called "Nail Art Twins". This collection is a made up of polish duos...one is a creme and the other is a glitter topper and they have names of famous couples. When I found out one of the sets was Edward and Bella I HAD to have them, if for nothing else but the name. LOL Lucky for me the set is absolutely GORGEOUS! My friend Ruth from Spain sent these and I am so glad she did!

I decided to do this post today because one month from today, on November 18th, Breaking Dawn Part 1 will FINALLY be released in theaters in the US! I can't wait! And what better way to celebrate than Edward and Bella nail polish!?

I apologize for so many pics....I literally took over 100 pics of this mani and it was hard for me to narrow it down out of the good ones. LOL

First up is Bella - a gorgeous turquoise cream that applies flawlessly. It is nearly a one-coater although I used 2. The first pic is truest to the actual color. I topped it off with a coat of Orly Sec 'N Dry...it was a little on the "satin" side by itself.



But then we add Edward and it is an amazing combo! The first 2 pics are indoor shots and truest to the color. The outside shots show the sparkle really well but also kind of washed the color out.




Look at that gorgeous Edward sparkle in the sun! (Sorry, I couldn't help myself. LOL)







Blurred to show sparkle

What do you think of Edward and Bella? Even of you're not a Twilight fan, these are still amazing polishes to own! Who else is counting down the days until November 18th?!

14 comments :

  1. love love love every single thing about this post. and ONE MONTH YAYYYY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jacki!!! And I am so excited!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't know anything about Twilight but Nice polishes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Ace!! They are very nice. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it!!!! Looks great on you! I can't wait for the movie!!! Just got my tix!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you!!! And yay for the tix!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute title of your post! Great photos! Love the two polishes together!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Amy!!! They are amazing together!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aren't the twins gorgeous? I only have Edward of this couple because Bella is quite an already seen colour. I also have Troy which is also a topper and I love it's thin double colored glitters! Would you share the FB group or is it a secret one?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes Simona, I love the Twins! I need more! LOL And you should join Polish-Aholics Anonymous. Here is the link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/110406659040438/

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great color combo :) Love everything about this look!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you so much!! I follow your blog and almost fainted when I saw your comment. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love Essence! Thanks for joining my Link Party!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for hosting the link party!!! It's a wonderful idea!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I love hearing from you but please remember to be respectful. Any comments left with unsolicited advertising or blog links will be deleted. If you would like me to check out your blog or product, please email me. Thank you!

09 10