Monday, October 24, 2011

Black And Red Glitter Gradient

Good morning everyone! Today's mani is pretty simple but I really love it. I still wanted to do something semi-Halloween related but simple. I think this qualifies. :) 

I bought a China Glaze a few months back called Lubu Heels but hadn't worn it yet because I was saving it for Fall and then I almost forgot about it. After getting my Wet 'n Wild Behind Closed Doors (from the On The Prowl Collection) it jogged my memory and they seemed like a match made in Heaven. Behind Closed Doors is a very sheer greyish-black packed with red micro-glitter as well as red hex glitter.

I am disappointed in Lubu Heels. In the bottle it looks like a black jelly base packed with red micro-glitter. You can BARELY see the red on the nail. :( It did have good coverage, I only needed 2 coats (I was in a hurry when I did this and I didn't have time to get pics of Lubu Heels by itself but I do have a close-up of the top of my nail that is Lubu Heels only). I love Behind Closed Doors but it's very sheer. If you were to wear it on its own you would need 4 coats. (My friend Sarah at Chalkboard Nails did a post on this color on its own - you can see it here if you like). Like most glitters of this nature it is better to sort of "dab" it on your nail instead of painting it on, especially if you're trying a gradient like I was. 

All of these pics are outside but it was pretty cloudy this morning (YAY!). This is 2 coats of Lubu Heels, 2-3 gradient coats of Behind Closed Doors (starting about 2/3 of the way up on my nail) and it was topped with Orly Sec 'N Dry.






Apparently I either bumped my middle finger while it was wet or this is from my "dabbing" motion with the glitter. I didn't notice it till I was cropping the pics. Grrr

See the TINY red flecks at the very top of my nail? That's Lubu Heels and it was only noticeable outside.


I hope you liked this mani! Does it remind you of Halloween at all? It reminds me of vampires for some reason. LOL

10 comments :

  1. Oh wow, this is very pretty! I love the colors and the glitter !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this!! I am so sad that I couldn't find the WnW On The Prowl collection anywhere! I love the Red & Black!! Not only does it go well with Halloween but it's great for UGA Football season!! (Or any other team that has Red & Black as their colors)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you BrookieyMonster!! I love your name by the way :)The OTP collection has been very elusive! Luckily I had a friend that found some and I was able to purchase them from her.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I love hearing from you but please remember to be respectful. Any comments left with unsolicited advertising or blog links will be deleted. If you would like me to check out your blog or product, please email me. Thank you!

09 10