Thursday, October 13, 2011

One Of My All-Time Favorite Polishes!

OPI What I've Always Wanted! was an Ulta Exclusive OPI released for the Holiday collection in 2006. Since it was an Ulta exclusive it is now impossible to find, and since it's one of my favorites, I have used pretty much the whole bottle. I was so sad knowing I would never be able to wear this again, so Rhonni (who has made some AMAZING franken dupes, including one of OPI's Mad As A Hatter, but that will need it's own post LOL) said if I could send her swatches she would try and dupe it for me. I was so happy, a little ray of hope for me. :) She did manage to make a pretty darn good dupe! Her version is a DAB on the cooler, redder side but I think it flatters my skin tone more than What I've Always Wanted. Because of the name of the original, Rhonni named her dupe "Now I've Got It" - how awesome is that?!

What I've Always Wanted is a warm-toned red that has red and gold shimmer (maybe small glitter?) throughout. It is amazing and my pics do NOT do it justice. It is so much prettier in person. In the pics I have What I've Always Wanted on my index and ring fingers and Now I've Got It on my middle finger and pinky. I had to use 5 coats of  the OPI in the pics...since it's almost gone it was very streak and I needed 5 coats to get it even. I only used 3 coats of Now I've Got It for the pics, and I used 1 coat of Orly Sec N Dry as my top coat. Pictures are clickable for a bigger version. :)
                                                                                                            
*Sorry it looks a little sloppy, it didn't look that way until I looked at my pictures*





 This one is very orange and does not show the true color, it was the only clear pic I could get of the bottom of the bottle.
Blurry shot to try and show some sparkle.

So what do you think of 'What I've Always Wanted!" ? Do you think 'Now I've Got It'  is a good dupe? I think she did an amazing job, thanks so much Rhonni!


8 comments :

  1. Yay to Day 1! I can't wait to figure out what I decide is my Favorite polish! Great post and I love the color you chose (and of course, Rhonni's dupe!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Ashley I am so glad to see this comparison!!!!! It looks SO great on you! I am so glad you like it :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh this red is gorgeous!! and I'm not usually into red's

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE it Rhonni!!!! Thank you so much!! And thanks Taylor!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with your challenge. Am a new follower.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for following! I hope you enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I love hearing from you but please remember to be respectful. Any comments left with unsolicited advertising or blog links will be deleted. If you would like me to check out your blog or product, please email me. Thank you!

09 10