Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Very first post with China Glaze 'It's Alive'

Welcome to my blog everyone!! For my very first post I have a polish I just bought over the weekend and am in love with! China Glaze It's Alive from The Haunting Collection! This is one of those "pretty, ugly" polishes. It reminds me of a sparkly swamp! LOL Is that weird? It's a mossy green and packed with glitter....the glitter is small moss green and larger round glitter that is a little lighter shade of green. The coverage was amazing...it was almost a one-coater but there are 2 coats in the picture (I always use at least 2 coats). Application was good, it was a little on the thick side, but nothing too problematic.

For this mani I used 2 coats of OPI Nail Envy as my base (this was my first mani using Nail Envy, I'm anxious to see how it works, I've heard nothing but good things about it), then I used 2 coats of It's Alive and topped it off with 2 coats of Orly Sec N Dry (this was a very hungry glitter, but most are). Click on the pictures if you would like a close-up. :-)




                       My sad attempt at a macro shot closeup....I hope I get better at this! LOL

  So, what do you think of It's Alive? Does it remind you of a sparkly swamp or is that just me?

16 comments :

  1. Congrats!! I'm following, and I'm adding you to my blog roll too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job! Welcome to the wonderful world of nail blogging! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your first post! What an awesome color to start things out with! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's alive is pretty fitting for your first blog post lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha, I like Amber's comment. You're a natural at this Ashley, can't wait to see your blog change and grow and blossom!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Sarah! I couldn't have done it without your help...literally!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on starting your blog hun! Love the polish you chose for your very first post! Can't wait to see your blog blossom into awesomeness!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on the blog doll, it's beautiful :) And `It's alive´ is a fabulously fitting first post I think!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Claudia! I think so too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. YAY for your first blog post!!!! I just LOVE It's Alive!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome choice for the first post!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I love hearing from you but please remember to be respectful. Any comments left with unsolicited advertising or blog links will be deleted. If you would like me to check out your blog or product, please email me. Thank you!

09 10