Saturday, October 29, 2011

Mummy Time!

Happy Saturday everyone! I attempted another tape mani late last night. It took me about 4 hours and I am still not happy with it. LOL But since it did take so long I felt I had to post it. 

I followed another tutorial from nailside that I thought was so cute. Unfortunately, mine did not turn out nearly as good as hers. (You can see her tutorial here.) I think my problem was in the color I chose to put over the tape - it is a dark color and I needed to put it on pretty thick to get it opaque. This was very problematic for peeling off my tape...which resulted in jagged edges instead of clean lines. But, that is kind of mummy-ish, right?! I mean, their wraps do not have clean lines. LOL It looks worse in the pics than it does in real life. Close-ups are not good for problematic manis. 

I used Sally Hansen White Tip for my base color (I am not a big fan of this polish, it was very streak and I had to put it on pretty thick) and China Glaze Naughty and Nice for my wrap lines. 






So, what do you think of my mummy nail art? I hope you like it!!! I wish my lines were cleaner.

10 comments :

  1. Ashley, it's cool I like it! Like you said the mummy wraps are never clean cut lines, I am totally gonna try this soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks better than I imagined LOL. I wasnt sure exactly how this would be done with tape! The white does resemble "mummy tape"! Good job!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the lines being a little messy adds to the effect! Makes the bandages look more aged :) I really like this, you did great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you ladies!! I was a little hesitant to post this one. LOL You are all so sweet. <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks pretty good! I just did a tape mani that day too and I smudged some lines because I was too impatient or something so I just layered glitter over them to distract from the smudged lines a bit! But yeah, I get what you mean when you say it takes forever to be done and all. It's a pretty mani!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. very cool! I like the messy lines.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That base color is awesome! I agree with LeonaCarolina--the messy edges fit the mummy design! Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i still love your mani, actually i've never done that kind of technique hehe :) new follower here :) i'm a nail art blogger too :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for the comment and for the follow neelai!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I love hearing from you but please remember to be respectful. Any comments left with unsolicited advertising or blog links will be deleted. If you would like me to check out your blog or product, please email me. Thank you!

09 10