Thursday, September 11, 2014

Polka Dots in the Breeze

Nothing to Disclose

I think I am learning something about myself in this challenge - I can get things done really quickly when I am under pressure! LOL Today beat the crap out of me for a lot of different reasons and I didn't even get to start on my manicure for today until about 8:30 or 9 PM my time. It is 10:45 as I type this right now, so at least it is still technically Day 11 of the challenge! 

I awoke with a heavy heart this morning, as I am sure many of you did. The tragedy that took place on September 11th 13 years ago was very much on my mind and in my heart. I thought it would be nice to do a small tribute on my nails today. Today's prompt was "polka dots." I decided to use patriotic colors and attempt to make the dots look like they were blowing in the breeze, just like our flag did that day, even after all the suffering our country had endured. 




Post continued after the jump.



This didn't turn out exactly as I had pictured in my head bu I am happy with it overall. My thumb is my favorite so I wanted to show you a full pic of my thumb, rather than just an angled pic. My thumb is pretty short and not very flexible so I apologize for the awkward pose!




The colors I used in this mani were:

Illamasqua Throb (red)


Thanks for reading and happy polishing.   ♥

.

2 comments :

  1. This is very pretty! A fabulous idea, I always love to see a great patriotic theme outside of Independence Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, Julia! That means a lot to me!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I love hearing from you but please remember to be respectful. Any comments left with unsolicited advertising or blog links will be deleted. If you would like me to check out your blog or product, please email me. Thank you!

09 10