Friday, September 19, 2014

Galaxy Nails

Nothing to Disclose

Happy Friday! Today's theme is galaxy nails! I was pretty excited because it's been a long time since I did any galaxy nails, and those I wasn't thrilled with them. I am very happy with these though! It's one of those "can't stop staring at my nails" kind of days!



Post continued after the jump!



Galaxy nails are so pretty but also so easy to create. I started off with a deep purple (almost black) base and then sponged the colors on lightly with small, torn pieces of a makeup wedge. I just kept layering and covering until I got the look I wanted. If I felt like I got a color too thick in a certain spot I would sponge on more of the base color to cover it.  I applied top coat and let it dry before adding the "stars" and then another coat of top coat.



This pic is blurry but I love how it showed the depth of this mani...




I used all Elevation and Darling Diva polishes for this mani. 

Elevation Polish Hovd Darkness (base - I used an extra coat to make it even deeper than usual)
Darling Diva Polish Salacious (Llarowe exclusive - post coming soon but link takes you to my Instagram pic)
Darling Diva Polish The Witching Hour*
Darling Diva Polish The Shapeshifter*

*The Witching Hour and The Shapeshifter are part of Darling Diva's brand new WitchEE Collection launching today (9/19) at 7 PM CST. I will have a post up soon but I just got them yesterday and had to play with them for this mani! You can see swatches of the full collection at Jen's Polish Wonderland, here. They are so stunning, you don't want to miss them!

Thanks for reading and happy polishing! ♥

.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I love hearing from you but please remember to be respectful. Any comments left with unsolicited advertising or blog links will be deleted. If you would like me to check out your blog or product, please email me. Thank you!

09 10