Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Phantom of the Opera

Nothing to Disclose

I am a big Phantom of the Opera fan. It was one of those things that I  wasn't sure I would like before I watched it but I fell in love with it. I haven't gotten to see the live version yet, but I will one day!

Source (top right photo)


Post continued after the jump!



Source


I have been wanting to do a Phantom of the Opera manicure for years. I just never had the confidence to try, or the "know-how" to really even know where to start. I figured the mask was a good place to start! I originally attempted the "vertical" mask that is worn throughout most of the movie. (Referring to the 2004 version starring Gerard Butler and Emmy Rossum, which was the first version I saw and is still my favorite.) That version of the mask just didn't look right to me on my nail so I went for the more traditional version of the mask. That version is in this movie as well, as seen in the photo below.


Source

I decided to matte all of the fingers except the candle (since the candle is glowing). All of the details in this manicure were done with a nail art brush except for the glow of the candle.  To create the glow I created the color by mixing Nails Inc. Hampstead Gardens and white. Once it was mixed I took a clean make up wedge, dampeded it with straight acetone and then dipped it in the polish mixture. I then lightly dabbed it on my nail. The acetone helped thin out the polish so it didn't cover the design on my nail.    





Overall I am happy with how it turned out. I also really like it shiny and can't decide how I prefer it.




Since I used so many polishes in this manicure, and several are polishes that I mixed together, if you would like to know a specific polish just ask in the comments and I will happily answer!

Thanks for reading and happy polishing! ♥

.

3 comments :

  1. I love these! I tried to come up with a design to wear when I saw the touring production this spring, but couldn't get the mask to look right.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It did take me awhile to get it where I was happy with it!

      Delete
  2. This is amazing. You did a wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I love hearing from you but please remember to be respectful. Any comments left with unsolicited advertising or blog links will be deleted. If you would like me to check out your blog or product, please email me. Thank you!

09 10