Monday, September 15, 2014

Vintage Lace

Nothing to Disclose

Good evening! The prompt for Day 15 in the 31 Day Challenge is "delicate." The word delicate makes me think of lace so I wanted  to try to create some lace-themed nails today. I tried and failed at this mani 5 times before getting a look that I was happy with. Sixth time's a charm? LOL But I guess I didn't fail so much as figure out 5 ways not to do it!




I love this color combination. It's soft and feminine and reminded me of vintage lace.  To create this look I used the same technique I used in my Marbled Madness post

I started off with a base of Dior Palais Royal. Once that was dry I used the ruffle nail vinyls from KBShimmer to create the edge of the lace using Elevation Polish Pa'ako.  I then removed the nail vinyl closest to the tip of my nail, leaving the one at the base so that the top of my nail would not get into the water when I dipped it to create the lace. I then did the water/alcohol technique using Pa'ako and then a plain white creme. 

See you back tomorrow for more of the #31dc2014!

Thanks for reading and happy polishing! ♥

.

2 comments :

  1. This does look very much like lace! I love the colors you chose!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great technique, it created the perfect lace look! I so need to try it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I love hearing from you but please remember to be respectful. Any comments left with unsolicited advertising or blog links will be deleted. If you would like me to check out your blog or product, please email me. Thank you!

09 10