Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Radiant Rainbow

Nothing to Disclose

Good evening! Day 8 of the 31 Day Challenge features the prompt of "rainbow." I had a few different ideas in mind for this prompt but wanted to challenge myself and work on my freehand lines. I must say, I am very proud of how my lines turned out!



Post continued after the jump!



For this manicure I painted my nails with a base of a plain white creme and a quick dry top coat. Once it was completely dry I used a striping brush to create the stripes. 



All of the colors I used to create the rainbow were Zoyas:

Sooki (red)
Arizona (orange)
Darcy (yellow)
Tilda (green)
Ling (blue)
Mira (purple)

I topped it all with butter LONDON Matte Top Coat once it was completely dry. 



I do wish I had started the lines just a bit higher on my nail so that they would be centered on my nail but I guess there's always bound to be something I'm not 100% happy with. Sometimes being a perfectionist sucks! LOL


--------------------------------------


I originally wanted to make this a "drippy rainbow" because I have never tried a drip manicure and I love when I see them on others. Mine didn't turn out so well. You can see it below. But I will try it again! My drips need some work!



See you back tomorrow for more of the #31dc2014!

Thanks for reading and happy polishing! ♥

.

6 comments :

  1. Your freehand striping is spectacular! And I think your drips look great for a first attempt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those horizontal stripes are perfect! And I love the drips you added :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty and happy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This makes me smile, beautiful, you are really good at freehand stripes!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I love hearing from you but please remember to be respectful. Any comments left with unsolicited advertising or blog links will be deleted. If you would like me to check out your blog or product, please email me. Thank you!

09 10