Thursday, September 18, 2014

Cozy Sweater

Nothing to Disclose

Good evening! Today's prompt in the 31 Day Challenge is "half moons." I love half moon manis on other people but I've never been very fond of them on myself. They just don't look right on me for some reason. But I decided I was going to try something I've never tried before and really push myself - freehanding the half moons. And then I decided to take it even further and make the curved stripes extend all the way down my nail. It ended up reminding me of a cozy sweater! Not that I get to wear those here, in Arizona, but a girl can dream!




I started off with a base of Elevation Polish Cerro Torre 2 (nude) and then worked from the base to the tip with my striping brush. I am quite pleased with how this turned out for my first attempt at so many curved lines! I am not usually the best at working freekand and creating curves and circles. Maybe I just need more practice!

Polishes I used in this mani are (from base to tip):

Elevation Polish The Arches (rust)
Elevation Polish Cerro Torre 2 (nude)
Zoya Louise (brown)
Zoya Dree (green)
Pahlish The Wish of a Golden Fish (orange holo)
Zoya Ryan (blue)

Thanks for reading and happy polishing! ♥

.

2 comments :

  1. This is outstanding! The colors and design do indeed remind me of a favorite sweater :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I love hearing from you but please remember to be respectful. Any comments left with unsolicited advertising or blog links will be deleted. If you would like me to check out your blog or product, please email me. Thank you!

09 10