Monday, May 14, 2012

Milani Totally Cool - Swatches and Review

I have quite a beauty for you tonight! Milani Totally Cool is quite aptly named because it IS totally cool. It is a gorgeous "blurple" (blue/purple) but in certain lighting it is a straight dark purple. The most amazing part of this is the shimmer that seems to have a duochrome quality to it that shifts from pink to gold depending on the light.

The only complaint I have about this polish is that it is sheer. I had 3 coats and it was OKAY but I could still see slight VNL. I added one more coat and was happy with it. What you are seeing in the pics is 4 coats, no top coat.

I have taken some pics outside and some inside so you can see the difference in the color and shifts.








This color is from 2009 and is somewhat hard to find in stores but can be found (right now) at milanicosmetics.com.

10 comments :

  1. is this similar to fantasy fire do you think??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has actually reminded me of Fantasy Fire all day! LOL But it is nowhere near as duochrome as FF. But if you can't get your hands on FF this might help squash that lemming.

      Delete
  2. Super pretty! I actually have this polish and don't even remember how or when I got it. Whenever I do my friends nails, they always gravitate towards this shade

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! Sucks about it being so sheer, but I'm sure it would be awesome as a layering polish.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always layer it, but it's one of my favorites. Great swatches!

    ReplyDelete
  5. very pretty polish!!I really like it .May i know do you write blog for others. If u ,can you write blog For Viviana(Cosmetics Brand) , we provide you a beauty gift hamper from Viviana .if you are interested please contact me at this email id india.viviana@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow, it kinda has a Clarins 230 - over Revlon Royal look to it! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I love hearing from you but please remember to be respectful. Any comments left with unsolicited advertising or blog links will be deleted. If you would like me to check out your blog or product, please email me. Thank you!

09 10