Monday, May 28, 2012

Happy Memorial Day!

Happy Memorial Day to all of my US readers! As many of us enjoy our day off today having barbeques and relaxing with family let's not forget the reason for this holiday. Let's not forget to honor all of the men and women who have lost their lives for our country as well as the ones who are still serving, as well as their families. Your sacrifice for your country does not go unnoticed, as I am sure it seems at times. I just want to say THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart to each an every one of you.

I decided to try needle marbling today and see if I had better luck with it than with water marbling. I am not 100% happy with it but I think over time I can actually see myself getting better at this technique. I think water marbling may be a lost cause for me. If you haven't seen the needle marbling technique (also called a dry marble) you can look it up on YouTube, there are several tutorials on there.



I wanted to do a patriotic marble so I decided on red, white and blue (of course LOL.) I think it ended up looking like the "weathered" stripes of our flag. It also reminds me of a watercolor painting. I used Milani White On The Spot (my favorite white), Zoya Sooki and Zoya Ibiza. I added a few rhinestone stars on my ring finger and topped it all with Seche Vite.




What do you think of my first needle marble? Weathered flag, watercolor or just "needs more work?"

11 comments :

  1. Happy Memorial Day to you Ashley and I LOVE your mani!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving this! I must have a got at it xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome job! I love it. Will you paint mine? Come on over to Cali!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks great! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Memorial Day to you too Ash! Great mani!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very well done! I really love the result! I still haven´t tried dry marbleling, but I do like water marbling, even though it is messy and takes so much time :S

    ReplyDelete
  7. looks good! can't wait to see me!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I love hearing from you but please remember to be respectful. Any comments left with unsolicited advertising or blog links will be deleted. If you would like me to check out your blog or product, please email me. Thank you!

09 10