Thursday, May 10, 2012

Milani Fast Fuchsia, Violet Dash, Jiffy Orange and Yellow Whiz - Swatches and Review


I have some of the new Milani polishes to show you tonight! I really like Milani. They are reasonably priced and usually have a really good formula. This line is no exception. All of the polishes in this post are from the High Speed Fast Dry line, which is a fairly new line from Milani.

I am showing you some "nail art" (or my version of it LOL) that I will be doing a full post on next week. I used all of the colors from this post in it (as well as Milani Beach Front) so I thought it would be good to show you as a little preview. This line is very opaque and, therefore, very good for stamping (as you can see on my ring finger.)


Now for some individual swatches. For ALL of the colors below I have one coat on my index finger and two coats on all other fingers. I will say that out of the four colors only two, in my opinion, could be one-coaters. They all had excellent application except for Yellow Whiz. It was a dab on the thick side and a little streaky. I don't have a lot of yellow polish but from what I have seen on other blogs this is pretty typical for yellows. I didn't need any clean-up on any of these, even the yellow. The formula was very nice to work with.

First up is Violet Dash which is a warm-toned lavender/violet.



Jiffy Orange is one of the two that I feel could be a one-coater. My polishing habits are ALWAYS to do 2 or 3 coats so I never leave polishes at one coat, even if they are fully opaque. LOL I love this orange, very vibrant and perfect for Summer.



Fast Fuchsia is an AMAZING color (and the other one that could be a one-coater.) For someone who doesn't much care for pink, this is my favorite of the four. I think it is because it leans more towards the fuchsia/berry color instead of a straight pink. I had a heck of a time capturing this color. This is the closest I could get it and it is still not accurate. This color is much more vibrant and a bit deeper in person. I think it will look good on all skin tones as it is a very flattering color. I see a pedi in my near future with this color. :)



Last up tonight is Yellow Whiz.  If you are a fan of yellow I think you will love this one. As you can see on my index finger, this is not a one-coater. But it is great with two coats. I did have a little bit of bubbling with this one but I think that was because I didn't wait long enough between coats. It is another color that will be great for Summer.



Milani polishes retail for $4-$6 and can be purchased at drugstores, grocery stores and online at MilaniCosmetics.com.

Disclaimer: The products in this post were provided to me by the manufacturer or their PR company for consideration. All opinions are my own.

8 comments :

  1. So pretty! Love the stamping!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're beautiful! Love your skittle nails :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very very pretty shades! Love the stamping!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The colors are pretty but I love the stamp! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG! You can buy polish in grocery stores?????? I'm so jealous!!!
    I love these colors and I really LOOOVE your colorful stamping!! It looks so fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, there are some brands that are available in grocery stores. :) And THANK YOU!

      Delete

Thank you for commenting! I love hearing from you but please remember to be respectful. Any comments left with unsolicited advertising or blog links will be deleted. If you would like me to check out your blog or product, please email me. Thank you!

09 10