Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Milani Morning Coffee, Dark Coffee, Chocolate Sprinkles and Signature Gold - Swatches, Review and Stamping

This post has a lot of content and I am getting it up much later than I had planned so I am going to get right to it. :)


I wanted to put all of these gorgeous browns into one mani so I put them into a gradient. Unfortunately my gradient skills were lacking last night so I decided to add some stamping. I'm glad I did because I think the gold looks amazing over the browns. Plus I found another polish that is great for stamping! I will post some individual polish photos and then another pic of the final look.

First up is Morning Coffee. This color is amazing. I must apologize for my photos on this one. I was playing around with my lightbox and the photos didn't turn out very well. Unfortunately I didn't know this until about 30 minutes ago. LOL This is such a lovely creme, so creamy and smooth. Much like morning coffee. *wink* The application was amazing and it is shiny on its own. This is 2 coats and no top coat.





Up next is the other coffee-themed creme, Dark Coffee. Might as well put those together, right? This one is much darker, no cream and sugar in this one! Amazing application and as shiny as a jelly but with the opacity of a creme. This is 2 coats, no top coat. Please excuse the doggy hair in my nails, again I did not notice this until about 30 minutes ago.






Next we have Chocolate Sprinkles. I LOVE this one. It has a gold shimmer that makes it look like it is lit from within. Another 2-coater with amazing application but this one does have a top coat to help bring out the shimmer.



The last one I have for you tonight is the polish I used for stamping in my finished mani. My hands look blue in these pics, it was the only way I could make the color of the polish turn out correctly. Every other way was too brassy so please forgive the blue hands. This one is also a "wear test." I had this on for almost 24 hours without top coat for these pics. You can see it wore very well, especially for a foil. Two coats and no application issues.




And one last look at the finished product.



Milani polishes retail for $4-$6 and can be purchased at drugstores, grocery stores and online at MilaniCosmetics.com.

Disclaimer: The products in this post were provided to me by the manufacturer or their PR company for consideration. All opinions are my own. See my disclosure tab for more information.

12 comments :

  1. Okay this post just sounds delicious. XD
    Gorgeous swatches!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must have the first 3 polishes! MUST! Wonder if my WAGS is open all night?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loveeeeeeeeeeeeee your stamping!

    ReplyDelete
  4. great shades and I love the mani with stamping. It looks very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely! So glad the gold stamps! I'll have to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not much for browns, but I'm loving Chocolate Sprinkles! Very nice~

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love chocolate and I must get my little hands on these colors! Yum!!
    http://datyorkloves.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE the stamping! Looks fantastic!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dark Coffee is so classy ! Love it

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I love hearing from you but please remember to be respectful. Any comments left with unsolicited advertising or blog links will be deleted. If you would like me to check out your blog or product, please email me. Thank you!

09 10